The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Dewberry Picking and Jelly Making

Ever since I found a patch of dewberries near our house, I've been picking them a few days a week.  However, it was hard to really get a lot while watching both Nathan and Ryan at the same time.  So, when my parents came this past weekend, my mom and dad helped me pick as many as we could.  My mom and I then made our first attempt at making dewberry jelly by ourselves.  We both watched my grandmother make jelly numerous times before but neither of us made it on our own.  While it was time consuming, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  We managed to get enough dewberries to make a double batch of jelly.  I'm already starting to pick and freeze more for my next batch!

Daddy helping me pick..... 

Lots of dewberries!

Lots of red ones I hope to pick today or tomorrow

This is how close they are to our house...that's our house in the background

Cooking the dewberries

After about 30 minutes of cooking

Sealing them in a hot water bath

Finished product

I had a lot of fun making the jelly and a special thanks to my mom for helping me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment