The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

We Couldn't Escape It...

The flu that is!

We were going to try but we couldn't quite make it.  I had Nathan's flu shot scheduled for today (Tuesday).  But Saturday after his nap....he somehow caught the flu!  He was a little fussy before nap, but otherwise fine.  Then after nap....it all hit the fan.....he woke up horse (but no cough yet), runny nose, red eyes with yellow gunk dripping out of them ( literaly, I would wipe them and then two seconds later they were full of gunk again).  He then started getting a small fever.  Sunday was pretty much most of the same but his eyes were looking worse and he was getting a cough so yesterday I called his Dr first thing and got an appointment.  After being diagnosed with an eye infection in both eyes and one ear infection, I asked if this could be related to the flu since we were planning on getting his shot tomorrow.  Since we were still inside the window to be tested (I guess 48 hours?) we had the test run.  She said the test normally takes up to 11 minutes, sometimes sooner if its positive.  Well, after about 15 minutes went by, I was starting to feel we were in the clear and it was not the flu.  Well, about a minute later, she came back in and said it was the flu.  Needless to say, no point in getting the flu shot now, at least not this week since he's poor system probably wouldn't be strong enough to take it.  Here's my poor boy yesterday afternoon..  If you look closely at the second one you can see how red and swollen his eyes are.

Oh - and I should mention this all happened on our 3rd day of potty training.  Good thing he was pretty much trained after two days!  We have not had an accident since last Friday around dinner time!



No comments:

Post a Comment