The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Typical Monday - Almost 4 months

So, I've seen a few other people do this and liked the idea.  Again, with mommy brain and all - I forget what I do the day before so remembering what I did weeks or months ago is harder so I like being able to go back and read what I did at each month of Ryan's life - a "typical day" if you will of each month.  I wish I had documented more of what Nathan was doing at each month because it's so hard now to remember what Nathan was doing and when he first did it.  Hopefully this will help me remember with Ryan.

So - this was our day on Monday, January 8, 2013:

1:30 am - Ryan woke up and I went to turn on his glowworm on in his crib and he feel back asleep
4:30 am - Ryan woke up, I went to turn his glowworm on but he was not going back to sleep.
5:00 am - Jason changed Ryan's diaper while I made a bottle and he ate a 4 oz bottle
5:15 am - Ryan went back to sleep
6:30 am - I woke up, got dressed, made the bed,  made breakfast for Jason and Nathan
7:30 am - Jason and Nathan left (Jason went to work and took Nathan to school (he goes Mon-Wed 8am - 12)). I unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned up the breakfast dishes, and downloaded pictures from my camera from our trip to the park yesterday
8:00 am - Ryan woke up, I changed his diaper and he ate 5.5 oz
8:35-8:50 am - Ryan had tummy time on his playmat and I folded a load of clothes and put another load in the washer
9:00 am  - I changed Ryan's diaper and we left to go to the grocery store
10:00 am  - back from the store; I put Ryan in his exercauser while I unloaded the groceries out of the car; started another load of laundry
10:15 am - changed Ryan's diaper and he ate a 4 oz bottle
10:30 am  - swaddled Ryan (left his arms out) put him in his bed for a nap and turned on his glowworm - he fussed for about 15 min and then feel asleep.  While Ryan was sleeping, I folded another load of clothes, ate lunch, cleaned the dishes and watched some dvr'd shows
11:35 am - woke Ryan up to go get Nathan from school
12:15 -12:30 pm - got back home.  Ryan played in his exercauser while I helped Nathan change clothes and help him empty his lunchbox.
12:30 pm  - Nathan watched curious George and Mickey Mouse clubhouse.  I tried to give Ryan some more tummy time but after screaming for 10 min, I got him up and tried to read to him and hold him to no avail.
12:45 pm  - I changed Ryan's diaper, gave him his reflux medicine (forgot to do it this morning) and started feeding him ( I try to let him go 3 hours between feedings but sometimes he goes 4 hours and other times only 2...I figure he'll just eat when he's hungry ...this time he went 2.5 hrs)
1:15 pm - Ryan feel asleep after eating 5.5 oz so I woke him up and took him to his room and swaddled him, laid him in his bed and turned on his glowworm.  (We are trying to get him out of sleeping while swaddled so we are slowing starting to leave his arms out.  We are Also trying to put him asleep tired but not asleep).
1:15-1:30 pm - started last load of clothes
1:30 pm - read Nathan one book and put him down for his nap
1:40 pm  - mommy time!!!  Watched my daily addiction - General Hospital; did p90x AbRipperx; folded another load of clothes ( gotta love laundry day!); played on the iPad (caught up on Facebook, twitter, Pinterest, blogs, etc).
3:30 pm - Nathan woke up; tried going big boy potty (no luck).
3:35 pm - Nathan helped me make chocolate pudding for dessert ( his choice)
3:40 pm - Ryan woke up. I finished the pudding and gave Nathan some yogurt for dessert.
3:45 pm - changed Ryan's diaper; gave Nathan more pudding; got his toy cars out for him to play
4:00 pm  - fed Ryan 5 oz (that's all he would eat)
4:30 - 5:15 pm - We went and played outside.  Ryan had tummy time on a blanket for 20 min and then played in the bumboo; Nathan played golf, soccer and rolled down a little hill outside.
5:15 pm  - Nathan played with his cars while I watched the news and tried to calm a fussy Ryan
5:30 pm - Nathan watched Go Diego; I played with Ryan on the floor practicing him sitting and gave him a few minutes on his back.  With Ryan's torticollis and plagiocephaly (look them up - that is a whole post of a different day) we try to limit his time on his back but still want him to learn those motor skills you learn on your back - ESP rolling from back to tummy
6:00 pm - I started dinner while Ryan played in exercauser and then folded last load of clothes. Nathan plays with his cars
6:15 pm - Ryan got fussy so I tried to rock him. He normally takes a 30 min nap around this time but it is the nap he fights the most so we normally have to rock him and he doesn't always take it - tonight was one of those nights he didn't
6:30 pm - rocking didn't work so I changed Ryan's diaper and he ate 4 oz
6:40 pm - Nathan and I ate while Ryan played in his exercauser
6:55 pm  - Jason got home and ate
7:10 pm - Jason played with the boys while I cleaned the kitchen, finished actually hanging the last load of laundry and got everything ready for the boys bath and bedtime
7:40 pm - bath time (about 10 min late). I gave the boys a bath.
8:00 pm - Jason took Ryan tonight and rocked/feed him while I read books to Nathan and put him down ( we usually alternate boys each night).  Ryan ended up eating 7.5 oz and Jason laid him in his bed awake at 8:30 and turned on his glowworm.
8:15 pm  - I finished cleaning the living room of all toys, finished cleaning bottles and filled with water for the next day
8:30 - 10:30ish pm - I downloaded pictures off the camera of this afternoon, showered, and looked at facebook, twitter, pinterest, blogs one last time and Jason watched the Alabama/Notre Dame championship game.
10:30 pm - Bed to get ready for another busy day!

FYI - for those keeping track - Ryan ate 35.5 oz of formula today.  I am hoping his Dr. gives us the go ahead to start trying solids towards the end of next week (he turns 4 months on Jan 10 and we have our Dr appt Jan 16) because I think he needs a little something more during the day.  He's eating a little less than every 3 hours but if I try to give him more formula at each feeding - he just ends up spitting it up. He just likes a little a lot of times a day!  I would also like to note that Ryan slept till 8:00 this morning without waking up once!  That's 11.5 hours which I don't think he's ever done :)

Here's some pictures of our day yesterday:
 Sweet Ryan!

 Nathan playing soccer
 Nathan playing golf
 This is what he does when he's had enough tummy time - head down and screams
 Nathan rolling down our "hill"
 Sweet boy chewing his rings
 My boys!
Practicing sitting up

No comments:

Post a Comment