My mom and I had just watched my favorite movie EVER - White Christmas - the Sunday before Christmas. Needless to say when I started to see a chance for snow in our forecast for Christmas Day nigh....I was BEYOND excited! Everybody thought I was crazy...but I was excited. As Christmas day progressed, our chances for snow kept increasing. That night we went to Jason's parents house for Christmas dinner and to open presents there. After dinner (around 6 or so..) I looked outside and it was snowing! It wasn't sticking to the ground and Nathan was not as excited as I was, so we just went inside to open gifts and watch the snow from inside. Since the snow wasn't sticking at his parents house, I didn't think it would stick at our house (about 20 miles north of his parents)....but the further north we drove that night - the more snow we saw on the ground. We got home around 9:30 that night and I was so excited to see snow on the ground at our house. Ryan was screaming because he was hungry, so I asked Jason if he could feed Ryan while I took Nathan to play in the snow. Since this was Nathan's first time to see snow, and mine to see snow stick to the ground in a log time, I was so exicted to go play in it! Growing up in Houston, it also doesn't stick to the ground for very long so I wanted to enjoy it while I could! Granted it was freezing so Nathan and I bundled up and went to play!
Here's a few pictures of us playing in the snow on Christmas night.
My boys. This way - Ryan will know he was there...
Me and my boys!
This sign was straight on Christmas Eve...with all the winds, storms and snow on Christmas day....this is what happened.
Nathan's snow angel!
Mommy's snow angel!
Nathan making another snow angel....he LOVED it!
Building a snowman .... it was COLD!
Well, as I mentioned above, being from Houston and all - I didn't expect the snow to still be around the day after....but it was! It snowed Christmas night (Tuesday) and didn't finally start to melt till Thursday afternoon. So....needless to say - Nathan wanted to play in it more the next morning! And I wanted to get some pictures so I'll remember it till it snows again.. (Side note - another great reason I'm glad we moved up here - more chances for snow!!!). I think we ended up with at least 2-3 inches of snow on the ground!
Nathan's snowman is still there!
front yard standing from side driveway
End of driveway looking at front yard. (Nathan is walking in the snow..)
backyard...
Front yard view from across the street
Want to play with the snow mommy?
Still checking on his snowman..
Looking at the tress over our back fence.
To be honest - I'm not really sure who enjoyed the snow more - me or Nathan! He's already asking when the snow will come back! Hopefully at least one more time this year buddy!


No comments:
Post a Comment