So, Ryan turned 4 months old on Thursday, January 10. We have his 4 month appointment with his Dr. this Wednesday so once I have his new stats I'll complete his 4 month blog summary. But I digress.....
I was really wanting to hold off till his appointment on Wednesday before proceeding to give him any sort of solids....but for the past few weeks (more than just a growth spurt) - this boy is hungry like there is no tomorrow! He normally eats about 6-8 oz after his nap around 4 and then at 6 (only 2 hours later...) he's SCREAMING for more. Well, that shouldn't be a problem except then at 7:30 which is bedtime he doesn't eat that much..and then usually ends up waking up in the middle of the night to eat. So, for the past week, we've been putting him in his high chair while we eat so he will get used to it so when the Dr. said we could try solids he'd be a little ready. Well, Sunday night I decided to try feeding him some rice cereal... It went okay for his first time. There was no screaming, no projectile spitting out....just a few faces of like "what in the world is this"?
I'm all ready mommy and I really love chewing on this bib....
First spoonful ready....
into the mouth it goes....
and his icky face!
LOL! So, it went alright. He probably had 5 small bites but then started pushing it out with his tongue after that. I haven't decided if we will try again tonight or just wait till Wednesday evening.... Wish us luck on this next big adventure for our little boy who is not so little anymore!!


No comments:
Post a Comment