The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year for Thanksgiving we went to my parents house in East Bernard.  Jason and I both took off half a day from work on Wednesday, left around 1 and got there about 6:30 (no thanks to sitting in traffic for 30 minutes to go 3 miles).  Ohh....I do NOT miss Houston traffic!  Wednesday night my parents picked up my favorite fast food food (Captain D's Seafood) and me and my mom made all kinds of yummy food to take for Thanksgiving.  My mom made a Seven Layer Salad and Banana Pudding and I made an apple pie and a broccoli salad.



The boys loved helping Gigi with the banana pudding but I think they liked snacking on it more.  

Thursday morning we went to Huntsville to have Thanksgiving at my Uncle Bubba's and Aunt Ava's.  It was nice to see all of my cousins, aunts and uncles.  Around three that afternoon Jason and I left to go to College Station for the LSU game and my parents took the boys back to their house. Other than the Aggie loss, it was a great day!


My Uncle Bubba and Uncle Ivan


Jason and Nathan looking at the turkey


Ryan snacking of course


Of course we had to take some cars.  Ryan had fun with Pawpaw

Jason and I didn't get back to my parents house until about 1:30 Friday morning but my mom and I had planned to go Black Friday shopping around 6 that morning so after a few hours of sleep for me I was ready to go shopping.  My mom and I had a lot of fun, spent way to much money and did find a few steals so it was a good day.  My dad took the boys to the bank for some candy that morning and the boys had lots of fun playing outside.  Friday night my dad and Jason went to the East Bernard football playoff game where sadly they lost.




Nathan had his first root beer float Friday night - he loved it!


Ryan - not so much :(



Gigi reading bed-time books to her boys.

Saturday we spent time playing outside.  My Popo Pribyl had to be taken to the hospital so I spent some time there with my Grandma as it was the only time I got to see them that weekend.  They were supposed to come over Saturday night for stew but that didn't happen so I'm glad I did get to spend some time talking to my grandma.


Burying Uncle Eric in the leaves

This swing was their favorite thing all weekend!

Sunday we went to church, played outside for a while and then drove home. 

Favorite toy again..

Ryan - my little dare-devil

Burying mommy!

Nathan's turn!

Ryan's turn

Daddy's turn

Where's Daddy!

  
Boo!  There he is!

Overall we had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!  We are truly very blessed and have so much to be thankful for.  I love my husband, boys and family so much and am so thankful for everything God has blessed me with!






No comments:

Post a Comment