Since the boys did not have school the first few days of June, I figured it would be a good time to take a family vacation. Nathan has been talking about going back to Great Wolf Lodge pretty much since we left there last year. They (GWL) are really good about sending out discounts every once in a while so when they had some for June, I decided to book it. This year I thought it would be fun to get the boys their own "room" with bunk beds...boy did I do great! Both boys LOVED their "wolf den" room! Nathan and Ryan also both loved the water. Jason and I were really surprised by Ryan. Last year it took Ryan until the last day to warm up to the idea of the water and the slides by himself. This year, it was all we could do to get him OUT. Every morning both boys woke up ready to go swimming, threw fits when they had to leave to take a nap and were ready to go back after nap. Nathan's favorite things were the big slides and the lazy river. Ryan also loved the big slides and the wave pool. Nathan cried when we had to leave and is already wanting to go back to his "wolf den" room....

Sliding down one of the baby slides
Both boys loved sliding down this slide on their tummies or backwards.
This boy LOVED doing this!
Ryan LOVED the big slides. These slides were about 20 ft high.
Sliding together is more fun!
This boy LOVED getting thrown around by the waves in the wave pool.
As you can tell from the picture, Ryan wanted to go deeper in the wave pool... I'm sure he would have gone all the way to the 6ft area if I would have let him. You would have though it was the end of the world the way he cried when I wouldn't let him go past 4ft.
Bunk beds! The boys did great!
Swimming makes for some hungry boys who devour pizza.
Story time!
Sammy the squirrel.
Boys love arcades...no matter what age..
The boys wolf den room
Ryan loved jumping and floating in the water. He did this ALL.DAY.LONG!
We had a great trip and look forward to next year. Hopefully by then Nathan will be tall enough to ride some of the other rides.
No comments:
Post a Comment