The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2015

2015 - A New Year Awaits :)

As with any new year, most people make plans or resolutions about what they want to do in the new year.  Since I love planning of course I will do this....doesn't mean I will succeed at any of them.  Before I note what my plans are for 2015, lets take a glance at how last years resolutions went.

  • Make more "me time"/downtime in the evenings to unwind to help me sleep better and stress less  HAHAHAHA.  Apparently I just do not know how to relax or sleep.  This is something I need to try to work better on in 2015.
  • Workout 3-5 days a week.  An even bigger HAHAHA.  I worked out maybe in January and then all kinds of stuff happened at work that made this just un-realistic.  This will be a PRIORITY in 2015.
  • Spend more time with the boys I liked to think I spent a good amount of time with them.
  • Blog each weekend to remember everything as time flies too fast.  Well... at least I succeeded at ONE thing!
Now, seeing at how well I did in 2014, I've decided to change it up in 2015.  The below are not only resolutions for 2015 but plans (both physically, emotionally and financially) for everything I want to accomplish in the new year.  Hopefully 2015 is better than 2014 resolution wise!

  • Blog each weekend our weekly activities so friends and family can keep up with us and see how quickly the boys grow
  • MAKE ME A PRIORITY in 2015.  This includes a number of things.  I need to stress less, sleep more, eat healthy, lose weight.  If I do all these things, I think my stress level will decrease, my energy level will increase and I will be a generally more happy person.  I have been promising myself for 2 years (since Ryan was born) I would lose the baby weight from Ryan. Well, that hasn't happened and it's getting worse.  I plan to both work our regular and change my way of eating to a more healthy approach.  As a family with 2 working parents it is very easy to either eat out or eat unhealthy food.  I realize that does not benefit myself, Jason or the kids so 2015 WILL see more healthy eating....even if it kills me.....which it very well could! 
  • Expand my brain more.  I used to LOVE reading and could easily read a book a week.  Now I know I had more time before kids but I still miss reading.  My goal is to read at least 1 book a month.  If I read more, great...but my goal is at least 1.
  • Less Facebook stalking....seriously.  This will allow me more time to workout and more time to read.  Facebook does NOT provide my life with any valuable meaning while working out and reading would.
  • Buy Nathan a new mattress in February.
  • Finish paying off my new car by the end of June.  (This would make it 9 months in which we did this!) 
  • Start re-investing in our 401k in July
  • Kitchen upgrades in September 2014:  New oven/microwave.  Fix back door drapes. I'm pretty sure a new washer and dryer will have to be bought before the end of 2015 as both are on their last legs...but it will not happen till they die.
  • Buy Ryan a new mattress and convert his bed to a big boy bed by end of October
  • Have at least 2 weekend getaways with just myself and Jason OUT OF TOWN...WITHOUT KIDS.  2  in all 52 weeks of the year.....  Hopefully we can do this!
  • Have a girls weekend with my friends Kristin and Melody after July 2015.  Even if I have to drag them...this will happen by the end of 2015.
Bring on 2015!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment