The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Are we done with the COLD?!

Both the temperature and the sickness!

This past week has been cold and blah!  Now I usually love cold weather.... but maybe I need to change my definition of cold.  I HATE being hot and sweaty...and I get hot and sweaty in the 80s.  So, if it could be like in the 60s all day, every day..I'd be a happy girl!  However in Texas it seems like it's either in the 30s or the 90s most of the year.  It might be in the 60s a few weeks out of the year.  Anyhow, so this week has been cold and blah. On Monday the boys started back at school and it took a few days for them to adjust.  On Thursday afternoon, I get a phone call from school saying that Ryan had a slight fever and I need to go get him.  Well I never know what to do about fevers.....should I take them to the Dr. or let the fever run its course?  Well...I almost always end up taking them to the Dr.  When I found out Ryan's buddy Kohen had also been sent home sick, I figured I should probably take him because something was going around.  After 2 hours, a strep test and a flu test, poor Ryan was diagnosed with the flu.  :(  He got to stay home with Nana on Friday while Nathan went to school.  I had to work for a little bit on Saturday morning so Jason watched the boys and all was going well until after Nathan woke up from his nap with a fever.....  Started him on Ryan's Tamaflu..  Then Saturday evening, who gets it?  That's right - Mommy!  BOO!  The boys seems to both be doing better but I am still just feeling overall yucky.  Hopefully the flu goes away from our house quickly!!

Our week in pictures:

Ryan's new thing - Trains.  EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT he says he wants to go to Nana and Granddad's to see their Cho-Cho Train.  Pretty sure he's going to have a breakdown when we go and the Christmas train has been put up.  :(

Having fun Monday and Tuesday night playing Twister.  Nathan did pretty well!

Look at Nathan' split!

I wasn't kidding when I said it was cold this week.  This was on Thursday morning I think.

Ryan was NOT in the best of moods at the D.r's office Thursday

This is how he sat for 2 hours.....

He was DONE after the flu test!

Nathan Saturday afternoon.

What happens when mommy is sick?  Daddy cooks of course!  Chili Saturday and pinto beans and turkey Sunday.  YUMMY!  I think he needs to cook more!  However, not the best for my diet.

And when it's cold and raining outside and mommy is sick - you build tents of course!


Mommy cuddling with her boys Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment