The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Slowing Down

This has been a long and tiring week.  It all started Sunday when I didn't feel that great.  Since Ryan had just finished having the flu and Nathan had gotten a slight fever on Saturday, my boss told me that if I had a fever on Monday morning to stay home. Low and behold, I had a slight fever and stayed home on Monday.  Then I ended up working from home on both Tuesday and Wednesday.  NOT as easy as it sounds and not really the best timing since it's year-end and all and I have an audit to prepare for! :(  Jason also went hunting Monday afternoon - Thursday.......  Thank HEAVENS Nana stayed the week with us.  She picked up the boys in the evenings and made dinner which helped so much!  She was also wonderful in helping me in the evenings and the mornings with the boys.  On Saturday, I had to work for most of the morning and then Nathan had his TOTS (Teams of Tomorrow) performance at LeTourneau University during halftime at the boys basketball game.  He did so great and was so excited to show us all the moves and tricks he's been learning over the past 4 months at school.  After his performance, we went to Dudley's for an early birthday celebration for Nana.  On Sunday, Jason made a yummy breakfast of biscuits, eggs and bacon to start the day.  Jason then finished taking down the Christmas lights outside.  It was Jason's turn to work on Sunday (since I worked Saturday) so the boys and I went grocery shopping, vacuumed the house and washed clothes.  There's not enough time in one day (since no house work got done on Saturday) to dust and clean the bathrooms so that didn't get done. Instead, Sunday afternoon the boys and I had a picnic lunch outside, and after nap we spent almost 2 hours playing outside and enjoying the wonderful 60 degree weather we had because who knows what the weather will be like next weekend....Texas winter is very unpredictable!  Sometimes, it's best to slow down and enjoy the time with my little boys while they are still little and love spending time with Mommy!


Do NOT bother Fancy when she is looking for food :(

Watching "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the Choo-choo Express" together.  I think they laid like this for the full 45 minutes.  I got A LOT done Friday evenings while they watched this show!

Nathan and all his buddies at the basketball game on Saturday

Nathan and his best buddies - Drew and Zaden



Nathan's friend Zaden

Nathan all smiles and ready to perform!

1/3 of the whole group

He was so excited to show all his moves - he smiled the entire time and never lost his ball!








Sunday Picnic lunch.  I also introduced Nathan to lunchables.....kid thinks they are the most wonderful things!

My sweet Nathan!

Fearless Ryan!

Playing "Crack the Egg"

They have missed jumping on their trampoline for sure!



Guess the lesson of the week was that sometimes God just makes you slow down and enjoy the small things....usually against your will.  However, in the long run, He always knows best!

This coming week school is closed on Monday for MLK day so Nana will be watching the boys.  A girl in Nathan's class is also having a birthday party on Monday so the boys will be going to that.  Jason will also be starting to work a lot for his upcoming busy season so things are picking back up into the swing of things.  Wonder what else this next week will bring......tune in next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment