Saturday morning Jason went to work about 9 and the boys played at the table while I cleaned up the kitchen and started a few loads of laundry. Nathan traced and colored some pictures and Ryan played with his cars and trucks. This kept them occupied for a good 30 minutes. Afterwards, I took the boys grocery shopping with me and we got back around 11:30. They ate lunch while I unloaded the car and put up the groceries. We then spent about an hour opening all of Ryan's birthday present and letting the boys play with those until nap-time. After nap-time, I took the boys outside to enjoy the nice fall-like-first-cold front weather. We jumped on the trampoline, rode tricycles and rode in the police car for a good hour. Afterwards, we went to Academy to buy some new Aggie clothes, met Daddy for supper and Newks, took a bath and watched the Fighting Texas Aggies BTHO Rice!
Playing at the table while mom cleans!
Trampoline time! I LOVE fall and cool weather!
Practicing using the pedals (ignore our high-waters....3Ts fall off his waist and 2Ts are too short..:( )
Ryan on "McQueen" as he calls it
Stringer Officers!!
Ryan watched Nathan like a hawk!
Seriously...sometimes they are too cute and show they DO love each other!
Bye Mom!
Nathan just randomly gave bubba a kiss....too sweet!
Sunday morning Jason woke up with Nathan to finish putting together one toy while I slept in a little. Jason spent time with the boys and gave them breakfast while I got ready for church. The boys and I headed to church and Jason went to work. This Sunday was our church's grand opening and afterwards they were going to have a lunch and toys for the kids to play on. Jason asked me if I could handle it myself and I told him we would probably just leave after church. Well....when I pulled into the church parking lot, that idea was thrown out the window. They had bounce houses all set up in the front of the church and of course when Nathan saw them....he HAD to play in them. It was all I could do to get the boy to understand he couldn't play in them until AFTER church school! We got home right in time for nap. After nap, the weather was still wonderful so we went outside for a while again until it was time to cook supper, cooked and ate supper and then went outside for a while again. Whew!! It was a tiring weekend but GREAT! I love watching how the boys interact with each other and love watching them when they play sweetly. Can time SLOW DOWN?!
Here's some pictures of Nathan having fun at church. Ryan wasn't big enough to play on any of the bounce houses but LOVED watching bubba climb up and slide down!
Climbing up!
He made it himself!!
Sliding down!
Nathan and his friend Luke made it through the maze!!
Ryan was thrilled with his water bottle!
Nathan reading while I cooked dinner
Ryan playing with his new birthday toy while I cooked dinner
Where have my babies gone?!


No comments:
Post a Comment