I have not seen my best friend Kristin and her children in almost a year! We last saw them last year when they visited for the boys joint birthday last September. Two years ago we lived a max 30 minutes away and saw each other at least every other weekend..... and in the past 2 years - I moved from Houston to Longview and she moved from Katy to Hallettsville. That is a combined 6+ hours apart and I really HATE it! It is just so hard to get together between all of our work schedules. I have not missed one of her kids birthdays in the last 6 years till we missed Luke's party this year. Anyhow... she had her third baby (baby Caleb as Nathan calls him) last Thursday. I have been hoping so much that she would have the baby before we came down so that I could see him/her (at the time did not know what she was having) while we were down and she did! They live about an hour from my parents house so we decided we would visit them on Thursday after Splashway. It really worked well because they only live about 15 minutes from Splashway. We left Splashway about 4:30 and were at her house by 4:45. Jason and I decided that we would buy their dinner that night so Kristin would not have to worry about us. It was also her daughter, Aubrey's, 6th birthday so as she was the birthday girl, she got to decide what we would get. And....she's a smart 6 year old who requested Dairy Queen!! The kids had so much fun playing with each other and Kristin and I were able to catch up as much as we could between 5 children and our husbands. She has such a wonderful sweet new baby boy and I'm so happy for her! I still miss her so much some days...we were each other's rocks with our boys who are 3 months apart.

Princess Aubrey and Fire fighter Ryan playing dress up
The birthday girl!!
All the "big" kids.... Oh.... I miss the four of them together so much!
Playing with nail polish.....
Aubrey did my nails.. Gotta love girls :)
All the kids less Caleb (who was napping). Aubrey, Nathan, Luke and Ryan. I can't believe how much they have all grown in the past year... I so miss them!
Me and my BFF :)
And sweet baby Caleb
All four having fun with nail polish...
I'm so glad we were able to see each other. It might have only been for a few hours but I enjoyed it so much. I know I haven't been the best friend in the last few weeks as things have been busy at both home and work - but I love this family so much and would do almost anything for them. I can't wait for our next visit and hope that it will be before Caleb's 1st birthday! Love you Freytags!!
No comments:
Post a Comment