The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 2, 2013

First Week of School

Nathan and Ryan both started their first week of school last Monday.  They both go 5 days a week all day now.  Nathan was just going Monday - Wednesday 8-12 and Ryan stayed home with me this past year so they've both had a few adjustments.  I've started working part time in the mornings and doing chores/bookkeeping in the afternoon.  So far they both boys seem to enjoy school.  When I walk in to go get Nathan, he runs to me screaming "Mommy!" and gives me a big leg hug.  Ryan always seems happy when I pick him up in the afternoon but has a few problems in the morning.  He goes easily to his teachers, but when he sees me leaving he starts to cry.  The biggest change for Ryan is going from 2 - 2 hr naps to just one 1.5 hr nap a day.  The first day, he was bathed, fed and sleeping by 7 pm - he usually doesn't go to bed till 7:45.  We have started doing bath a little earlier because he is usually ready for bed around 7:15 now.  Nathan has also had to get used to taking a nap on a pallet and has also had to get used to taking a shorter nap.   
 
We've all also had to get used to a new morning schedule/routine.  Jason and I both have to make sure Ryan gets his morning bottle and give both Nathan and Ryan breakfast and have both boys dressed and ready to leave no later than 7:30.  So, we are still working on getting both our morning and evening schedule adjusted.  I'm sure in another week it will all be worked out. 
 
 
Nathan getting dropped off on his first morning.
 

Ryan excited for his first day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment