My sweet, sweet precious little boy. I'm not entirely sure how you are already 1 year old. It seems like just yesterday we were on our way to the hospital and now you are already one.........
We had your 1-yr well-child appointment yesterday on your birthday and your stats were:
Ryan, at 1 year old your stats are:
Weight -19 lb 14 oz (11%) --- Nathan was 20 lbs 13 oz
Height - 28.75 in (19%) --- Nathan was 29.5
HC - 17.75 in (16%) --- Nathan was 18.46
You have gone down percentage wise in your weight but I think it's because you are eating the same amount of food but moving more. I'm also REALLY surprised that you weigh less than your brother did. I was certain you weighted more. You also had to get 3 shots which you did not like. After your appointment we went to Mr. Gonzolos for Mexican food for your birthday and you ate an entire child's plate. But not soon after dinner your shots must have kicked in because you were NOT fun!
At 1 year old you are:
Going to daycare all day, every day.
Wearing size 4 diapers.
Wearing mostly 9 months clothes. It is on my to-do list this weekend to put up your 9 month outfits and get out your 12 month ones.
You are still turning your nose up at sippy cups so we will probably be on the bottle a little longer. I remember it took a while with Nathan as well before he mastered the sippy.
Eat on average 15-20 oz of formula a day split between 4-5 bottles. (One when you wake up, one after your morning nap; one right before afternoon nap, one before dinner and another right before bed). We got the ok to try whole milk so we started that this morning and it seemed to go ok. I'm going to start giving you half formula half milk till we run out of formula and then see how you do at a whole bottle of whole milk before deciding if we need to do half and half a while longer. I'm also going to try to start cutting our your second bottle out. Once we do okay with that, I'm going to try to cut out your afternoon bottle. My goal is to have you drinking milk 3 times a day.
You eat solids 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and snack 2 times a day. .
Have started taking one nap a day at daycare (anywhere from 1 - 2.5 hrs). I still give you a morning and afternoon nap when you are home during the weekends because you need it (take 2 2-hr naps these days)
Since you only take 1 nap a day at daycare, you have started going down no later than 7:30 and sleep till about 6:45 when I wake you up.
You now have a total of 4 teeth (2 bottom, 2 top). I think you are also starting to cut 2 more on top.
You are a master at "cruising" along furniture and will walk with your walker holding only one hand but still refuse to actually "walk". You will stand on your own for a long time, take a half step, stand some more, act like you are going to walk, and then give up, fall down and crawl. It's like you know you can get to where you are going faster if you crawl.
A HAM!
We love you so much sweet boy and can't wait to watch you grow over this next year. I might have to look back through all your old baby pictures and have a good cry now....


No comments:
Post a Comment