The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Typical Day - 11 months (Take 2)

As promised, here's a typical day at 11 months after both boys started school full time.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

5:30 am - Nathan wakes up needing to go potty so I take him and manage to get him back in bed for a while

6:15 - Jason and I wake up and get dressed

6:20 - Nathan wakes up and watches TV in our room while we finish getting dressed

6:45 - I wake Ryan up, feed him a bottle and everybody eats breakfast

7:00 - Jason gets Nathan ready while I pack every body's lunches and get Ryan dressed

7:25 - leave

7:45 - finish dropping both boys off at school

8:00 am - 12:15 pm - work at my new job

12:30 - get home, eat lunch and relax for a while

1:00 - 1:30 - clean both bathrooms (chore of the day)

1:30 - 2:15 - run - W1D2 of my C25k.  So far so good!

2:15 - 2:45 - cool down/recover from run (from running in 98 degree heat!)

2:45 - 4:45 - work at home on finishing the documentation I did on an audit for Jason's company a few weeks ago

4:45 - leave to get boys from school

5:30 - get home, I cook dinner while boys play

6:00 - eat dinner

6:15 - clean kitchen

6:30 - outside for a while - it was just too darn hot!

6:45 - inside - boys play/watch tv

7:00 - Bath

7:15 - I read books to Ryan and Nathan in Ryan's room while I feed him a bottle

7:30 - Nathan and I do one page in his sticker matching book

7:45 - Nathan to bed

7:45 - 8 - I clean the rest of the dishes/kitchen

8:00 - 9:45 - work on more audit documentation (Jason gets home around 9pm)

9:45 - 10:30 - talk with Jason about the loan paperwork we received to buy our house in White Oak

10:30 - 10:45 - shower/get ready for bed

10:45 - 11 - catch up on e-mails/news/etc

12:30 am - I think I finally fell asleep. My insomnia is getting really bad.  I'm exhausted each evening around 7pm but when it's time to go to bed, my mind won't shut down......I'm even taking the highest dosage of Melatonin and it doesn't phase me....

The biggest adjustment we have is Ryan's lack of naps.  He's gone from taking 2-2 hr naps in his crib at home to taking 1 nap a day on a pallet at school.  So come 6:15 - he's just a mess and incredibly fussy.  It breaks my heart because I want to play with him as much as I can but I know he's tired.  I vaguely remember Nathan going through this same adjustment and being upset I didn't get to play with him as much in the evenings.  Hopefully another week or two and he will adjust.

So, this is what my typical day looks like while the boys are now in school full time.  I work at my new job in the morning, get home and do my chore of the day, work for Jason's dad's company in the afternoon (from the comfort of my own room!) and then get the boys.  Once I get settled to going back to work, I hope to start working full time at my new job in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment