The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Too Much Like Mommy IS a Bad Thing?!

Lately, I'm starting to see that Nathan is picking up on all of my bad habits.  It's making me see that maybe I need to change.  Here's the things he's been saying lately.....you be the judge:

"Mommy, I can do it all myself - I'm independent."  I can't help the boy do ANYTHING or he will throw a fit.  If I do something and he decides he wanted to do it...he will throw a fit.  Hhmm......bad mommy habit?

"I don't have time to play - I have other things to do."....as he starts mopping the floor with his little Swiffer....  While, I'm sure his future wife will love that he loves to clean....perhaps I spend too much time cleaning and not enough time playing with the boys?  He also just says "I don't have time for that" to a lot of other random things....sometimes he says he doesn't have time to eat dinner...

And....when Ryan is fussing because I can't get his food fast enough Nathan will say "Ryan, just wait two seconds".    Maybe we all need to work on our patience?!
And here's my favorite thing he said that makes me smile:

 "Mommy - do you know what a trip is?  It's where you see really cool things."  And then he proceeds to tell me about something cool he saw that day.  This always melts my heart.


POINT:
I guess there's nothing like seeing yourself through your children's eyes.....  Maybe I need to work on being a more patient mommy, asking for more help and just enjoying the day.  As I cry type this, I'm reminded of the Brad Paisley song "Time Well Wasted":


"And there's no way I trade a few more things that I could've crossed off my list
For a day I'll never forget
No, I didn't get a thing done
But I sure soaked up every minute of the memory we were makin'
And I count it all as time well wasted"
 
Food for thought as I enjoy this last month I have with the boys before they both start school full time and I start part time work.
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment