I can't believe you are already 5 months old! I feel like it was yesterday that I was still pregnant with you and waiting for you to come bless us. Now, you are growing into this cute wonderful little boy and I can't help but be a little sad it has flown by. At the same time, I'm excited to watch you grow everyday. Maybe the time can just slow down A LITTLE?!
At 5 months you:
Wear size 2 diapers
Are still wearing mostly 3 months clothes. However you have started wearing some 3-6 months outfits and last week I washed all of your 6 month outfits.
Trying to slowly ease you off your reflux medicine - not going to great. You still spit up a lot.
Eat on average every 3 hours. You normally eat between 28-32 oz of
formula a day (5-6 bottles a day). You've been eating solids at lunch
and at dinner and starting today you are starting to eat solids at breakfast as well.
At lunch (around 12:30 after we pick Nathan up from school) you normally have 1 cube of fruit and grains mixed with milk.
At dinner (around 6pm) you have 1 cube of veggies and grains mixed with milk. So
far you have tried: Oatmeal, rice cereal, barley, apples, bananas,
avocado, squash and sweet potatoes. We are slowly increasing your
servings at each of these meals. This week we are going to try green beans and pears.
You are taking 2 naps a day (about 1.5 - 2 .5 hours each). Your first nap
is in the morning around 9/9:30 to 11/11:30 and your second is around 1/1:30 to usually around 4 I
usually just swaddle you, lay you in your crib and turn on your
glowworm. You sometimes fuss for a few minutes and then put yourself to
sleep.
You have been sleeping through the night for about 2 weeks now! We have started doing bath time at 7:15, reading books with Nathan in your room and then laying you down in your crib by 8pm. Most days you sleep till about 7:30 am. There are a few nights you wake up in the middle of the night fussing but you are usually able to put yourself back to sleep. Occasionally I will have to go turn on your glowworm and you are back out within a few minutes.
You have been sleeping through the night for about 2 weeks now! We have started doing bath time at 7:15, reading books with Nathan in your room and then laying you down in your crib by 8pm. Most days you sleep till about 7:30 am. There are a few nights you wake up in the middle of the night fussing but you are usually able to put yourself back to sleep. Occasionally I will have to go turn on your glowworm and you are back out within a few minutes.
Still LOVE.YOUR.BROTHER. You could just stare at him and watch him all day long.
Still love your rings and love putting toys in your mouth. I think you are teething because lately you have been drooling like crazy and your hands (or other toys) are always in your mouth.
Still love your rings and love putting toys in your mouth. I think you are teething because lately you have been drooling like crazy and your hands (or other toys) are always in your mouth.
Love to "talk". When you get going, its hard to stop you and it's just too cute.
LOVE playing in your exercaucer.
Will "grab" at toys that are hanging from your playmat while on your back; will grab hold of toys that are grazed across your hands but will still not grab a toy laying in front of you while on your belly.
Roll from your tummy to you back (but still not consistently). Still
showing no interest in rolling from your back to tummy but have started
kicking your legs up a lot so I hope it will be soon...
Getting better at sitting up on your own. When using the boppy as
support, you can normally "sit" for about 10 minutes with a few falls.
It's so cute, when you do fall back, you try your hardest to come back
forward and I can tell you are using all your muscles but still can't
pull yourself back forward all the way. Yesterday you were able to sit
on your own with no boppy for about 15-20 seconds at a time quite a few times. I
think you will be sitting on your own by the time you turn 6 months
Still don't care that much for tummy time. You'd rather be in your
bumboo, exercaucer, or anywhere else besides your tummy. You do tolerate it for about 20 minutes at a
time.... We try to give you about 20-30 min 3-4 times a day. It just
depends on your mood. Sometimes you can go 45 minutes at a time, other
times, it's all I can do to get you to go 15 minutes.
I can't believe how fast the time has flown by and I'm about to start crying that the next "monthly" post will be his 6 months one. You might as well just round up to 1......... :(
Ryan - Mommy, Daddy and Nathan love you so much and can't wait to watch how your grow this next month!


No comments:
Post a Comment