The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Rain Rain Go Away....

I'm sure I'll be asking for rain later in the summer when it is all hot and we will probably be in the middle of a drought but enough is enough already!!  WE WANT THE SUN!  I mean lets face it - this is Texas....we'll get lots of rain one month and then none for a few months.  This weekend was again full of yucky rain!  We are SOOOOOO ready to get outside and enjoy some nice (still somewhat cool) sunshine!!  Those 90 degrees can still stay far away for a while.  We just need the sun....  Seriously....we are getting cabin fever.....  Two hyper toddler boys stuck inside and tax season do not mix for this mommy!

I didn't take very many pictures this week or weekend - there was just nothing really big going on.  The week was full of work for me and Jason and school for the boys.  On Saturday it was rainy/drizzly most of the day so the boys watched movies and played with toys while I cleaned and did laundry Saturday morning.  Nathan was invited to a birthday party Saturday afternoon so I took him while Jason came home and watched Ryan for a while.  The rest of the afternoon Saturday was more playing in Nathan's room since it was still yucky outside.  Sunday after church I cooked a few meals for the week while the boys napped and then we played outside for a while and then played with Play-doh inside. 

Here's some of our fun this week.

This was Nathan's craft on Monday that they did at school.   It was leprechaun trail mix  (Lucky Charms) to catch leprechauns!  You left it out in hopes of catching a leprechaun.  Our leprechaun was too smart though and we  didn't catch up.  He left us a few coins though!

This boy is turning into such a Daddy's boy!  Ryan reading books with daddy Friday night.

This boy could play at Chuck E Cheese's ALL.DAY.LONG



Nathan has also been getting really good a looking at a picture or pattern and then building something from that picture or pattern.  A while ago he saw me looking at a picture of one of his toys on the internet so see how it was supposed to go together.  The last few weeks, he has now been the one that brings me the iPad and asks "Mommy can you show me a picture of "X""  He will then go to his room and build it.  This is him building his Vtech Construction set. 

CHEESE!

Nathan is also doing GREAT at reading!  He has learned so much in he past month it is crazy!  He still has words and letters that confuse him ("b" and "d") but overall he is doing better.  There are certain words he just know by looking at them and others he has to blend every time.  This week he was learning the word "the".  The first few times he had to blend it....now it is one he normally knows just by looking at it.  He was sent home book #6 (pic above has an excerpt of the book) this weekend and did really awesome!  
 
He has also started on a kindergarten workbook at school and I can't wait to get some pages sent home to show.  He showed me Friday at school and I was very impressed!  His math teacher also says that he is getting better at math as well as he gets more confident.  Although his birthday is August 30th, I'm still not sure we will be sending him to kindergarten this year.  He is just not there maturity wise.  One of the things I love about his school is that he can still be in his class now but doing kindergarten work.  I love seeing all of the things he learns each day.
 

Playing outside Sunday!  It was 59 degrees and within 30 minutes both boys were drenched with water.  Oh the joys of boys!
 

Think they have enough Play-doh?!
 
 
Hope everybody has a great week!  Hopefully this week I will be better with pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment