The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 22, 2015

The things my boys say.....

Well, this past week was pretty low key.  We didn't do much and I didn't take many pictures.   This weekend I spent most of the weekend cleaning the house really well to get ready for my parents to come this weekend for my Mom's birthday.  Yes - it does take 2 days with two boys who I feel like I just spent half my time cleaning up after their messes!!   Example:


I was dusting Nathan's room and my room and doing laundry and walk into Ryan's room to find EVERY.SINGLE.TOY in Ryan's room in the corner  with Ryan buried under the boys.  This probably took us all an hour to clean. 

I do want to jot down some of the things that Nathan and Ryan are saying now.

Things Ryan is saying:

  1. "For realz" - I tell Ryan we have to do something (take a bath, read a book, etc) and he will go "for realz mommy".
  2. "That's a good idea" to something I say that he likes. Like when I ask if he wants to play with Playdoh he will go "that's a good idea".
  3. Every night he's infatuated with saying there's a bear in his closet so he will go "There's a bear in my closet AGAIN"...big emphasis on again.
Things Nathan is Saying:


  1. "Oh yea, sure" when we ask him to do something.
Becoming a drama king.  Examples:
  1. One Sunday I asked him to put on a pair of dress socks to wear to church.  He didn't want to wear the nice ones I had picked out.  Since we were going to eat pizza afterwards with some friends, I tried to threaten him and said if he didn't wear the ones I picked out he wasn't going to go eat with us.  He started crying and said "That means you don't like me and don't love me and that makes me sad".
  2. After school one day (on a day he didn't nap) as we were driving home he said he was tired so I told him to close his eyes on the way home.  Well Ryan was trying to talk to me about something and Nathan started crying and telling Ryan to be quite and said that Ryan didn't care if Bubba (Nathan) was sleepy and didn't care about him (Nathan).
This is how they insist on sitting now.  That's my chair in the middle.  They sit as close to me as possible.

This was Nathan's crafts at school on Monday - all ready for Mardi Gras!


No comments:

Post a Comment