The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Best Laid Plans....

I'm a planner.  And I mean...down to the hour....every day....even the weekends!  So for the most parts I have our weekend pretty planned by Tuesday.  It drives my husband insane.  Well, sometimes I get a little crazy about it.  Saturday morning I had planned to clean the house and do all these small things around the house like organize the boys closets, their toy chest, etc.  Both kids were up by 7 on Saturday and Jason left about 7:30 to go play in a benefit softball tournament and I had the house pretty much cleaned by 9:30.  I've been feeling like a not-so-great mom lately so I decided I would be a good mom and let the boys go play outside with their sand/water thing they've been asking to play with for a while. Let me tell you....this thing makes a mess - but the boys had fun!  They made mudpies, played in the water, cleaned their toys, etc.  Jason came home from the tournament for lunch and said that they had fire trucks and the medical helicopter at the tournament (the tournament was a fundraiser for an fellow firefighter/paramedic) and thought the boys would like it.  I guess I should say that Jason was asked to play by Elisa's boyfriend Craig who is a paramedic.  Anyhow - spontaneity got the best of me and I agreed with Jason that it would be a good idea to take the boys out there to see the helicopter and to watch daddy play softball.  So - we went out there and the boys got to see the helicopter take off, watch their daddy and Aunt EJ play and had a great time.  We got home about 2 and the boys took a nap and the rest of the afternoon/evening we just did nothing....  So much for my plans to "organize".  I thought I could just do it Sunday.....

I should state here that I am not a morning person....AT.ALL.  So when Sunday morning rolls around, Nathan comes into our bed at 6:15 am and I wake up to a house that is 80 degrees because the air broke... I'm not the happiest person.  I also tried to find a place that would come out and fix on a Sunday but didn't find one at first.  I do have to say a big "thank you" to facebook because of my facebook rant, one of the guys in our bible study gave us the name of a place that had an on call technician.  Boy..do I owe him!  And I have to say that company had GREAT service.  Jason called about 9:30 and the guy was here and done by noon.   I am thankful the guy was able to "fix" it but pretty much we need a new unit..:(   Anyhow... so about 8 am I am going crazy and told Jason we were going out to his parents house to the pool and staying the night there (at this point we didn't think we would have if fixed today).  Ryan and I leave about 9:30 with our overnight bags and I'm already re-making plans for the day...  We invited Elisa, Craig and his two boys to come out to the lake to swim with us.  I made plans for lunch, dinner and head to Walmart.  Like I said...I'm a planner so when things cause my plans to change...I freak out and have hard times with it..  I admit, I started out bad....but as the day progressed and I left the house I did pretty good...even Jason said I handled it pretty well :)  It also helped that I was poolside at 11 am with Ryan....the pool and lake can calm anybody down :) 

Today really helped me see a little better that HE has control of our lives and sometimes I need to take a few steps back to see that sometimes all the boys need is a day of fun and family which is exactly what we did today.  And sometimes, mom needs to take a step back and just relax and enjoy life!




Dirty boys

Mudpies :)

Playing with water

Cleaning the fire truck....and himself!

Both boys loved seeing a helicopter up close

They loved watching it take off even more!

Watching daddy play softball (he's in the middle of the open fence)

Snacks are a necessity at a softball game mom!

Sunday Lunch with Nathan, Conner, Cayden and Ryan

My sweet Ryan

The dogs had to play too

Water gun fight!


Mommy and Ryan squirting daddy!

Pure relaxation!

Mommy's boys!!

In just a few days we will be having fun at Gigi & Pawpaw's and get to see baby Caleb Freytag :)  EEK :)

No comments:

Post a Comment