Wow! How crazy is it that we have lived in Longview for 2 years already?! Ok, ok, TECHNICALLY we live in White Oak - but most people will really not know where that is! (About 5 minutes outside Longview) It is hard to believe that over 2 years ago we moved from Houston to Longview. Some days it feels like it was just yesterday. I still find it hard to say that I live in Longview sometimes. I still find myself missing things about living in the big city though... So, in honor of our 2 year anniversary of living in Longview, I put together a list about things I miss/don’t miss about Houston and enjoy/don’t enjoy about Longview. Overall, I know Longview is better than Houston...but some days I wonder...
HOUSTON
Miss:
• MY FRIENDS! While it was either living 20 minutes from my closest friends or meeting them for lunch because we both worked downtown.... I miss hanging out and talking to them so much sometimes! Kristin, Melody, Sarah and Amanda especially! I’m sure I forgot others so don’t hate me...I still miss you! I hate that I’m not there to see their little kids grow up and phone calls just aren't the same sometimes!
• Only living an hour from my parents
• Bigger house
DON’T Miss:
• TRAFFIC! I enjoy not sitting in my car for 1.5 hours while I drive 35 miles
• Having to worry about my child going to a 5A school (White Oak will be 3A in the new system)
LONGVIEW:
Enjoy:
• Only taking me 20 minutes to get to work
• Making and meeting new friends here - especially our Mom’s Night Out Group with some other mommy friends from Nathan’s school
• Living close to Nana and Granddad so they can help with the boys when needed
Don’t Enjoy:
• Living so far from some of my Houston friends and not being able to catch up as much as I would
like
• Living so far from my parents
• Living 30 minutes away from Target and Kohls. You might think Longview is pretty big – but in
Houston you have a Target and Kohl’s it seemed just about everywhere. In Longview there is 1
each and they are both on the opposite side of town from where I live. This has probably helped
me spend less though....
Anyway - I am enjoying living here and we have made many great memories and friends in the past 2 years - don't get me wrong.... I just miss certain people a lot and they know who they are :)


No comments:
Post a Comment