1) We are still tying to settle into our new routine and Mr. Ryan is not wanting to settle in. The first half of the week, he was just downright FUSSY and hungry when we got home about 6pm. I mean....screaming at the top of his lungs the SECOND we walk into the house. The funny thing is...is when we are outside from getting out of the car...he's running around laughing. Then we get inside and if his food is not on his plate....he freaks out. Thankfully, I'm still able to cook the night before so I just have to warm it up....but those 2 minutes are horrible! I think I broke Wednesday night when he just kept screaming even after I put his food down. Thank heavens for my best friend Kristin who helped calm me down. Thankfully by Thursday I found a new distraction - a book which now he carries around everywhere and will not let go of it. Oh well - it stops the screaming.
2) Thursday night then rolls around and both boys are doing GREAT at dinner, eating it all, not screaming...being great! About 10 minutes after dinner Nathan is sitting next to me watching a show and just looks out of it. I pull him closer to me and notice that he's burning up. I take his temperature and it was about 99. However, he just keeps feeling warmer and warmer. I took it a few more times and long story short, his temp jumped from 99 to over 101 in less than 10 minutes. It was about 7:15 and I was freaking out so I called Jason (who was on his way home) and said I was going to take Nathan to the after hours clinic because he never runs any fever unless he's sick. So, we speed there (it was 7:30 by the time we left and it closes at 8) and we get in and of course his fever went back down to about 99 but he kept saying his head, throat, ears and tummy hurt. The Dr. checks his ears (had a little draining in one), throat and chest and all seemed ok. He did have the flu shot but we tested for that just in case and it came back negative. The Dr. and I are talking and she's about to send us home with just some sort of viral thing going on when Nathan keeps saying his throat hurts. She decides to run a strep test just in case even though his throat looked fine. Let me tell you, the people in the next building probably thought he was dying the way he screaming while she was getting a culture from his throat to do the test...HORRIBLE! Turns out it was a good thing I took him in because he did have strep. Bad news was he had to stay home from school on Friday till his medicine took affect and that was the day we were supposed to have "Muffins with Mom" at his school. I was really upset and even cried I was looking forward to it so much. But it turns out it all worked out for the best because we went in Thursday night, he had enough doses of medicine that he was able to go to THREE, yes 3 birthday parties Saturday! Boy has more of a social life than I do!
The first one was for a girl in his old class, Ellie. Nathan has missed her since he moved up classes but as we found out Saturday, she's moving up into his new class so we are happy they will be in the same class again! Ellie is also our Dr's daughter. At the party were other friends from his old class, Zayden and Chloe that he has also missed. Here's some pictures from the party where they made cupcakes!
All ready to make cupcakes!
My little ham.
Zayden, Nathan, Chloe, and Ellie with Ms. Cindy (Nathan's teacher in his old class; all other's current teacher)
Check out the cool cupcake cake!
Our yummy take home treats!
Mommy and Nathan decorating a cupcake
We unfortunately had to leave Ellie's party a little early because we had another party for a little boy in Nathan's new class, Logan at Chuck-E-Cheeses. Nathan loves chuck-e-cheese's (the games, not the food)!
Helping the birthday boy open his presents!
Our little cowboy!
Cool dude!!
Last but not least, we had a surprise party for Nana Saturday night at our favorite Mexican food place, Mr. Gonzalos. Nathan and Ryan both had a blast. Both boys are always big eaters here and Saturday was no different. Ryan ate an entire kids plate plus at least 3 pieces of cake. Nathan filled up on chips and dip and then still ate about 1/2 of his food. Hopefully she was surprised and had fun!
Surprise!
YUMMY cake!
Nana and Nathan.
Sunday was spent cleaning the house and getting ready for the next week. Thankfully we were able to spend some time outside playing since it was gorgeous during the afternoon.
I'm hoping this week is not as crazy and that Saturday we are able to just relax. Both boys need a haircut, I need to clean and maybe FINALLY take down the Christmas tree............


No comments:
Post a Comment