The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 12, 2014

First Week Back

Well, let me start off by saying that year end "busy season" is a LOT better in a public corporate company than it is in  public accounting (think Big 4 accounting firm) and it is EVEN better in a private company!  This week was my first full week back to work in almost 1.5 years.  It is also our "busy time" as we prepare the books for year end.  However, it was not as bad as I was expecting.....I guess 3 years in public accounting and 3 in a public company made me dread the month of January....  I did have to work till 6:30 two nights and Jason had to pick up the boys but I was able to leave at 5:30 the other nights. I also had to go in for 3 hours on Saturday.  Not too shabby!  For those of you who work/have worked in either public accounting or for a public company....you guys know those dreaded work hours I'm talking about so my week was nothing like I had in the past.  For those of you who do not know what I'm talking about....let's just say in prior years,  I wouldn't leave work till at least 8pm and 70 hr weeks were the norm through the end of February!  So far, I really like my job and I really like the people I work with.  Win-win.

The boys also started school again this week and I think they were both ready to go back.  Nathan loves it and always tells me what they did that day and who he played with.  On certain days of the week, the school will order and pick up lunch from certain places if you pay for your child to have lunch brought in that day.  Since Nathan is such a picky eater, we have been hesitant to try this in the past.  However, with me working we thought it would be a good idea to try to do it one day a week to start to help alleviate stress of packing their lunches each day (they offer it 3 days a week).  We picked Wednesday Chick-fil-a day.  His teachers said he was so excited about it that he started asking when it was time to eat Chick-fil-a at 8 am that morning and kept asking every 10 min.  Then they said he downed it all!  It's the small things that get him all excited.  He's also gotten very good on his tracing skills this week and his teacher tells me he does really good.  He's also doing really good on cutting out shapes following lines.

Ryan I guess has done okay.  We haven't gotten any complaints from his teachers so that is good.  I was really worried how he would adjust back to taking naps on a mat but he did not have any problems.  The biggest adjustment with Ryan is when we get home at 6, he is READY for supper!  He starts throwing a fit the minute we walk in the house and is pounding at/trying to climb into his chair at the table to eat.  This boy has less patience than Nathan and that is scary.  Luckily, I knew this would be a problem and most nights I try to cook the next nights meal the previous night so all I have to do is throw it in the microwave when we get home. 

All in all, I think we had a good first week back but we are still trying to get into a routine.  Over the next few weeks, Jason will start having to work more and more and we will have to get into a new routine that includes him not being home till after the boys go down.  (This is those 70+ hr weeks I do NOT miss!)  Oh - you gotta love the life of an accountant :(

Here are some pictures I managed to take this week....at the beginning of the week and at the end. :)

 
 
Great way to start off the week by the power going out Sunday night around 8pm.  Nathan woke up screaming when it went out and it was FREEZING (Literally 24 degrees!) outside.  I'm over here freaking out that its going to get too cold in the house and my smart husband reminds me that we have a gas fireplace.  So, we light that up and Jason and Nathan sleep in front of it until the power came back on a little after 10pm.  Ryan never woke up so I just went into his room and wrapped him in extra blankets.  I couldn't sleep with the fire going so I read a book by laptop light (couldn't get the candles to work how I wanted and lay by the fire).

Saturday morning breakfast....he was a happy boy eating pop tarts and biscuits )

 

Nathan insisted on washing all the dishes after breakfast Saturday morning and who am I to complain?!  He's going to be my cleaner/organizer and Ryan will be the destroyer!
 
 
I hope everybody has a great upcoming week.  This Friday, they have "Muffins with Mom" at school so I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures of that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment