The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 15th is Over!, Parents Night Out, Nurse Dawn and the Smell of Fresh Cut Grass!

In case you can't tell by the header, this was a week full with a little bit of everything.

Late last week Jason's grandmother passed away and the first part of the week was spent with our family and attending her beautiful service.  Monday marked the much awaited April 15th...which means that my wonderful husband's busy time is somewhat over and the boys can see their Daddy more!  On Thursday night, my favorite Texas country music singer (Aaron Watson) was in Longview so earlier in the week I convinced Jason to take me to see him.  Thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law who offered to let both boys spend the night for 2 nights we got to go see him!  We only stayed till about 11:45 because we had to be at the hospital the next morning at 6 am for Jason's cortisone shot.  Have I said my husband is wonderful??!!  Yes - he had to go to the hospital the next morning and still took me to see my favorite singer! I LOVE HIM!!

 Aaron Watson!
 
  
Jason on Friday morning getting ready for his shot!  Thankfully it was just an outpatient procedure so we were out of the hospital about 10:30 and I spent most of the rest of the day Friday taking care of him.  This was another reason both boys spent 2 nights and Nana & Grandad's - we didn't want either boy (mainly Nathan) jumping all over Jason after his shot.

This afternoon after church and lunch, Jason cut the grass outside.  It REALLY needed it....  Nathan wanted to help his daddy so Jason let Nathan ride with him while he cut the entire front yard.  Nathan had such a great time!  Ryan and I sat along the edge and watched the boys.  Ryan was in awe of the mower and couldn't take his eyes off it.  I absolutely love the smell of fresh cut grass!!  It reminds me of all sorts of wonderful things that spring and summer bring......watermelon, swimming, nights sitting outside listening to music and relaxing.

 


Nathan helping mow

After Jason was done with the riding mower, he needed to touch up a few spots with the push mower so both boys sat with me!  They just melt my heart!




I love these boys so much!!!  I can't wait to watch them become best friends!!

I think we are all looking forward to a week of spending more time together as a family and getting back to a more regular schedule since tax season is OVER!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment