The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 25, 2013

Nathan 2.5



How is it possible that my little Nathan is 2 1/2 already (and at this point - even older)?!  I just wanted to share what he is all doing at this age and so that I will remember in 2 years when my sweet Ryan is 2 1/2.

At 2 1/2 years old, Nathan is VERY inquisitive, talkative, energetic, smart, strong-willed, silly and most of the time well-behaved.  He will ask you questions 5 million different ways until he understands it from all angles.  He's really learning how to hold a conversation more by mimicking me and Jason.  He always tells daddy "bye" in the morning and to "be careful"...  When Jason gets home to eat dinner with us, and we all sit down, he asks his daddy "Daddy, how was your day?"  Jason answers and then Nathan says "Daddy, how was my day" - prompting Jason to ask him how his day was...  I can't believe how such a little person can be such a big boy. 

Nathan has been potty trained for about 2 months now (except for bed-time) (he was potty trained around 29 months).  He can go most days without pottying in his pull-up for nap and will sometimes go all night.  He does still have his accidents when he is concentrating really hard on something

Nathan usually wakes up on his own between 6 and 6:30 most mornings.  He will occasionally sleep a little later which Jason and I love.  He normally takes on average a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and goes to bed around 8 pm.

Because Nathan is always going - it is really hard to get him to eat anything.  He goes through spurts where it is a battle every.single.meal to get him to eat more than 2 bites and then days where I can't get him to stop eating.  He loves all fruits and most vegetables and some meats.  He's also doesn't really care for macaroni and cheese....I'm not sure where that came from or if it's even legal for a kid to not like it...but he doesn't most days..  He LOVES any sort of fruit snacks, Skittles, and M&Ms.  He's 2 1/2 years old and his 18 month shorts and pants fall off......  Believe me...we really try to get the boy to eat...  We've recently learned that bribery will sometimes work.  If we tell him that if he eats all his food he can have a popsicle or ice cream..it will sometimes work.  

Nathan currently goes to school Monday - Wednesday from 8 - 12.  He loves it and always talks about what he and his friends did at school each day when I pick him up.

He is learning more and more everyday.  He can say his ABC's; count to about 18 (though sometimes skips a few...); sing a few songs (Row Row Row Your Boat, Rock A Bye Baby); say a little prayer (God is Great, God is Good, Thank you for our Food) which is so cute; knows most of his basic shapes and colors; can recognize most fruits and vegetables; can tell you which "cars" are cars, trucks, motorcylces, fire trucks, ambulance, police cars... etc.  He knows a number of tools and what they are used for - hammer, screwdriver, measuring tape and a saw.  (Can you tell he got a work bench for Christmas?!)  He knows mostly all of his body parts.  He has also started to memorize many of his books.  Jason and I will read a sentence and leave the last word of the sentence out and Nathan will say it.  During Christmas we had to read the same book over and over every.single.night and about a week into it he knew every 3rd word.  I really think he could have recited the entire book with just a few prompts.  He will even sit and "read" some books by himself and I can here him saying exactly what the words say.....  Sometimes, he really amazes me.

Nathan loves to do so many things so it is hard to list them all.  He loves to:  play with his cars/trucks; color; play with stickers; read; play with trains; play outside; help mommy cook and clean (lets hope this continues in about 3 years...) and play with his brother.  Pretty much there isn't anything he doesn't really love to do!  His favorite shows are Go Diego!, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Little Einsteins and is now starting to like Dora.  He also loves the movie "Cars".

I can't believe how big he has grown in just the past few months.  It seems like just yesterday he was turning 2 and now here we are closer to 3.  I can still remember when he was 6 months old (how old Ryan is now) and it breaks my heart that time has flown by so fast...that was almost two years ago and yet it seems like it was yesterday.  Now I understand how my parents feel....  While I am so excited that he is growing and learning so much and don't want that to stop...I just am BEGGING time to just slow down a little and let us enjoy this special time....they are only little so long.  I am so blessed that I have been able to take off these past months and enjoy my time with my little boys.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment