Ryan, you are 6 months old!
I can't believe that you are now closer to 1. I have loved every minute watching you grow. I know I say this every time (but hey - I'm the mom I can say what I want) I can still remember when your brother was 6 months and can't believe it has already been 2 years. Time really does fly by. I am begging everyday that you and your brother stay this little and sweet forever but I know you both need to grow!
Ryan, at 6 months you:
Weight -16 lb 4 oz (20%) --- Nathan was 16 lbs 15.8 oz
Height - 26 in (24%) --- Nathan was 27.25
HC - 17 in (47%) --- Nathan was 17.48
You have grown in all stats except height - but that isn't news to me since both mommy and daddy are pretty short.... I don't really have high hopes that you will be tall. At 4 months you were in the 14th percentile for weight and while I thought you would have grown more you are still small compared to most babies.
Are still wearing size 2 diapers but when you run out we will probably switch to size 3.
Have starting wearing 6 months clothes. You still fit in most 3-6 months outfits. I might go through Nathan's old 6-9 outfits this weekend.
Your eczema is gone 95% of the time - it just comes back every once in a while on your head and your shoulders. I just put lotion on you at night time now and still wash you with special wash at night.
No longer take your reflux medicine :) I pretty much just kept forgetting every morning and it didn't seem to bother you.
We are done with your therapy for your torticollis and you are doing a lot better. You know have full range of motion on your neck. We also had our 2nd appointment with the specialist for your plagiocephaly and you are now a very mild case so no helmet for you! (Probably helped your head grew a lot in the last two months!) All those prayers worked!!
Eat on average every 4 hours. You normally eat between 24-30 oz in a
day (4-5 bottles a day). You have been eating solids for the past few months. So far you have tried: Rice cereal, oatmeal, barley, squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, carrots, apples, bananas, pears, avocado, peaches, and mangos. So far there is no food that you don't like! You eat solids 3 times a day now. At breakfast (around 8) you have 2 cubes of fruit mixed with a grain, at lunch (around 12:30 after we pick Nathan up from school) you normally have 2 cubes of veggies.
At dinner (around 6pm) you have 2 cubes of veggies with grains mixed with milk.
Still LOVE brother. You will watch him 24/7 if you could.
You are still taking 2 naps a day (about 1.5 - 2 .5 hours each). Your first nap
is in the morning around 9/9:30 to 11/11:30 and your second is around 1/1:30 to usually around 4 I
usually just swaddle you, lay you in your crib and turn on your
glowworm. You sometimes fuss for a few minutes and then put yourself to
sleep.
You are sleeping mostly through the night now. You normally go down
around 8:15 and sleep till about 7 am.
You are "talking" and laughing all the time now! You have turned into such a happy baby!
Love to play in your exercauser and bounce all around. You are starting to pull all the toys on it and put them in your mouth (or try).
Still rolling from your tummy to your
back but still not interested in
rolling from your back to tummy though. The past week you have started to roll from your back to your side pretty good to get a toy you want that is out of your reach, but when you get it, you grab it and roll back onto your back and play with it rather than rolling to your tummy and playing with it... I talked to your Dr and am not worried because you are continuing to do new things. I will put you on your stomach and you are now making at least 180 degree turns on your tummy to get the toy that you want (sometimes a full 360 turn). In fact, you are hardly ever in the same position I leave you in. You are very happy playing and turning on your stomach now. I think you will be "scooting" in the next few weeks.
Still working on sitting by yourself for a long period of time. You can sit on your own but once you get distracted or excited about a toy and start moving around you lose your balance and fall over. We are now just working on your balance.
You still don't have any teeth but are always putting things in your mouth and drooling like crazy.
Ryan - Mommy, Daddy and Nathan love you so much and can't wait to watch how your grow this next month!


No comments:
Post a Comment