Watching TV during the thunder and holding my sweet Ryan to keep him calm.
Reading books in the closet is fun when mom's freaking out about the weather.
Friday was crazy as well. I moved from one office to another office at work so imagine all the fun of moving all your files, desks, etc. Shout out to my co-workers who helped me move my files and directed the movers while I took care of other business at work and couldn't do it. Then in the middle of that I got a phone call that Ryan was being sent home sick! THANK heavens for Nana is all I have to say. Jason went and picked Ryan up from school and brought him to my office and then I took him to meet Nana who took him to the doctor so I could finish moving all my office stuff and attempt to get some work done. My sweet Ryan did not have a good evening. He was very fussy and clingy. He refused to sleep in his bed so he fell asleep on my lap with a cold wash cloth on his head to help bring down his temp. I'm assuming he had the same virus Nathan had because just a fever for about a day, no other symptoms and then all better. Poor thing did have to have a strep and flu test and both turned up negative. I think his fever broke about 10:30 that night because he woke up screaming bloody murder and was drenched in sweat. I rocked him for about 30 minutes and then he finally went to sleep.
My sweet sick baby sleeping all curled up next to mommy on the couch.
After the crazy week, I didn't really do that much on Saturday and Sunday. I hardly ever don't do much but this weekend I just felt like being lazy. Now I didn't go crazy and not do anything (I mean I wasn't on my deathbed) so I still did all the laundry and vacuumed and cleaned all the floors but I just didn't feel like battling the bathrooms or battling the grocery store with two little ones so instead we spent time outside and playing inside. Saturday also brought some crazy in that right at naptime while it's 70 and sun shining outside, the power decides to go our for about 2 hours. Ryan who also refuses to sleep without a sound machine was of course not going to take a nap so we decided to head into town to get some gas for the car and take Daddy and Granddad an afternoon treat the office. Off to Sonic Happy Hour we went! Needless to say both boys were pretty sleepy by 6:30 so they laid in my bed and watched TV with me after dinner and bath.
If we are in the backyard - this boy is swinging. Seriously loves to swing.
Doing "exercises" on the trampoline.
Practicing our soccer skills!
Running around outside for a few hours makes for two tired and hungry boys. They watched a show while I cooked lunch on Saturday.
They were sweet and read books Saturday while I made supper
Bedtime shows in mommy's bed Saturday night.
Sunday we didn't do much either. We spent a lot of time outside in the morning and afternoon. I was very thankful the weather held off until after supper. Since the weather was nice after nap, we took a trip to the park for about an hour after riding in "McQueen" and the police car.
Jumping and throwing the ball out of the trampoline while brother ran and chased it.
Park fun.
Running to the lake at the park to see the fish.
Nathan had fun climbing up and down these little stands.
When you eat dinner at 5:30 and are done with bath by 6 you get a movie night on a school night! :)
Nathan's new nightly reading. He has started reading ME one book a night. I will post about this in a separate blog.
SOOO ready for this coming week! I know the beginning of the week will be crazy again BUT after the 15th....looking forward to a normal life again that does not involve single parenting at night and on the weekends. #whatdoesmyhusbandlooklike #haveimentionedhowmuchihatetaxes


No comments:
Post a Comment