The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter!

The boys received enough candy for Easter to last through Halloween!!  They had tons of fun seeing their great-grand parents, coloring eggs, cooking and hunting eggs.  As I'm typing this, I realize and feel like I failed them because unlike Christmas, where we talk about the reason for Christmas, I didn't tell them what Easter was all about.  The weeks leading up to Easter were hectic and even this weekend was a little hectic that we didn't really get to talk about it.  Either way, they had fun with family and that's what holidays are about.

Friday evening my Popo Janicek came for dinner and to give the boys their present.

Nathan with Great-grandpa Janicek

Both boys with Popo Janicek

Saturday morning we colored eggs and made a Bunny Cake for Sunday.

Getting ready to color eggs..

Coloring eggs with Gigi


 
Great-grandma Pribyl (Nana Pribyl) even helped color eggs!

Ryan again liked the idea of coloring...but not actually doing it....

Eggs are all done!!

Nathan and the bunny cake!!

Easter decorations!

 
Our Bunny cake.  This was a cake that my great-grandmother Janicek used to make every year while she was alive.  This year, my mom and I re-created it.  It brought back some great memories of her.  I wish everyday she had gotten the chance to meet her great grandchildren but I know she can see them from Heaven.

Eggs all ready for the Easter Bunny

Sunday morning we went to church and then after church they had an Easter egg hunt at church.  Afterwards, they had another egg hunt at Gigi and Pawpaws and Nana and Popo Pribyl came for Easter lunch.

Holding Ryan back from running after all the eggs!

Uncle Eric and Nathan talking strategy...



Once he figured it out...he was a pro!




After we got back from church, of course the Easter bunny had come to Gigi and Pawpaws!




 
I gave up trying to get both boy to look at the camera at the same time...much less smile and look!

Not quite sure......

Presents from Gigi and Pawpaw

Getting ready for the smash egg race!! (Smash eggs = eggs filled with confetti)

It's a race to see who gets them!

Smashing a egg on Ryan's head...

Nathan got mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment