The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 17, 2014

Presidential Knowledge

For the past few weeks Nathan has been learning about Presidents Day at school.  One day a few weeks ago, I was getting dinner ready and asked Nathan what he learned at school that day....well, to my astonishment, he said very matter-of-factly:  "I learned about Presidents".  So I asked him what he all learned about Presidents and he proceeded to tell me the following:


  • George Washington was the 1st president of the United States of America
  • Abraham Lincoln was a president who lived in a log cabin and was shot
All of last week, every night he was so excited to get home and tell me what he learned about Presidents. 
He has learned:
  • The President lives in a place called the White House
  • The current President is President Obama
  • He now knows what a penny is because it has Abraham Lincoln's head on it and what a quarter is because it has George Washington's picture...  (I was trying to teach him based on color and size, but he knows based on the picture...go figure..)
Oh - he can also recite the Pledge of Allegiance and will do so every time he sees a flag...he says.."That's the flag of the United States of America" and proceeds to say the Allegiance.  It probably helps they do this everyday.

I'm so surprised and amazed at what he learns and remembers at a such a young age.  I'm also really glad his school teaches them these things at such a young age.


His crafts during Presidents Week - Abraham Lincoln and his Log Cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment