Well, I wish I could say that the reason for my not posting in almost a month was that Jason and I were just too busy doing fun and exciting stuff that consumed all my time but that just wouldn’t be the truth. Truth is, this pregnant lady has turned into a couch potato after work the past few weeks and there hasn't been that much interesting stuff going on in our lives.
Today officially marks the beginning of Week 37 which means that Nathan is officially considered “full-term” today. Basically all it means is that while yes, he has 3 more weeks to bake, that if he were born anytime after 37 weeks, the chances of him being able to breathe on his own and survive on his own with limited machine help is very high. So yea!!! That should be one less thing for me to worry about right??? Haha…for those of you that know me – you all know I will continue to worry about anything and everything Nathan related till I can hold that precious baby in my arms and then I’ll stop worrying right? Haha again…. I don’t think there will ever be another day in my life I don’t worry about him – the worrying has just begun! In all regards, today is an exciting day and I just continue to pray he grows stronger and healthier each day and that the rest of the pregnancy and the labor and delivery go smooth for both myself and Nathan (and Jason). With Nathan’s grand entrance being 3 weeks (ok – possibly 4 weeks MAX) away, Jason and I are pretty much all ready – bouncer built, swing built, pack and play in our room, stroller ready to go, diaper and wipes for at least the first few weeks, first few outfits washed and most importantly- the car bases installed in both cars and hospital bags 90% packed. Come on little man! Here's a picture of me about 36 1/2 weeks and a picture of what we are hoping Nathan will be able to wear on the way home:
Funny (kind of) story of the week:
The past two days at work have been relatively exciting (well at least I thought they were or I just lead a boring life). For those of you that don’t know – I work on the 56th floor of a building downtown. For the most part – it never bothers me and I never think about it. Well, last Friday we got an e-mail saying that they were going to be testing the fire alarms in our building this week which didn’t bother me because it’s just drills. Sooo…yesterday morning the fire alarm goes off and we just all go stand by the stairs like we are supposed to do in a drill as that is what we all thought it was. Yes – the announcement was a little different – they never said it was a drill like they normally do – they said the alarm is being investigated but nobody thought anything of it since we got the drill e-mail. You would have thought we would have been concerned when four of the building maintenance men came running up the stairs and onto our floor and then again when the building manager himself came – but noooo……. Five minutes later, we were told we could go back so it all seemed like it was a drill. THEN this morning it happened again……. Now, I’m all for fire drills, but two days in a row seems a little extreme unless we just totally bombed the fire drill yesterday. Pretty much the same scene from yesterday occurred - alarm went off, announcement said alarm has been reported – go to stairwell, maintenance men came rushing onto our floor…you get the idea. Finally somebody asked them what was going on and they said “ we think the fire alarms that occurred yesterday and today were caused by faulty wiring on a pull station”. Excuse me??? Faulty wiring??? So – pretty much – the faulty wiring could set off fire alarms that aren’t real – but then when there is an actual fire - not go off? NOOOOOT what you want to tell a pregnant lady who works on the 56th floor. Needless to say in case that wasn’t enough excitement, about two hours later – what happened – you guessed it – the fire alarms went off AGAIN for the second time this morning – same drill followed. THEN 30 minutes later – it happened AGAIN at which point nobody moved from their desk because it was just getting old at this point. Three fire “alarms” before noon is too much for this pregnant person. All afternoon I couldn’t help but remember the “Little Boy Who Cried Wolf” story my grandmother always used to tell me when I was little…..with all these “false” alarms today – is anybody going to move if there was an actual fire today? All I have to say is that if there ever is a fire (especially before Nathan comes), people had best get out of my way because the shoes are coming off and I’m going to be flying down those 56 flights of stairs like I have a guy with a gun following me – which will probably provide great comic relief to everybody to see a pregnant lady go that fast.


Hard to believe he is almost here!!!! You look so beautiful!!
ReplyDelete