Yesterday, Jason and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary! I can't believe it's already been 3 years that we've been married....time has just flown by! Unfortunetly, we didn't get to go on any exciting trips this year or even go out to a nice dinner yesterday since we had my 40 week appoitment yesterday as well. I'm hoping to be able to cook a nice home-made meal for him tonight though.
I also can't believe that today is the day our precious son is "due" to enter the world. I think back to 9 months ago and remember thinking that those 9 months were going to take forever. Yes, there were some days, weeks and months I look back on and think I didn't think they were ever going to end....but now that the day is here.....it seems like it just flew by as well. Unfortunetly for me, he has decided that he does not want to come out.....ok...he doesn't want to come out early or on his due date. Yesterday, we had an ultrasound to see how he was doing to see how long they thought he could stay inside until they would induce and they estimated his weight to be 8 lbs 5 ozs already!! I'm like 90% sure they over estimated that by a LOT! Jason and I were both under 7 lbs and I have not gained that much weight during this pregnancy so I don't know where that estimate came from. I guess we'll have to wait to see how much he weighs till he is born. The decision was that if he does not come on his own by this coming Monday, we would try to start to induce. I say try because we have to call in at 5:30 Monday morning to see if there is room available.....so - for anybody out there that prays - please pray they have room for us on Monday!!
And my last piece of big news is that today is my first day of vacation/maternity leave...pretty much till the week of Thanksgiving.... I still don't think it has sunk in that I don't have to go back to work for almost 3 months...probably because Nathan is still not here. It was so strange leaving work yesterday... And you can tell that since I'm up and blogging at 7 am (and have been up since 6 am)....it's going to be hard for me to break my routine.. Now I just have to decide what to do with the rest of my day today and Friday.......
Hopefully my next post will be pictures of our precious precious little man. Please pray all goes well and Nathan and I both come out safe and healthy.

Till Next Time,
Dawn


No comments:
Post a Comment