In late July my grandma (Dad's mom) had a stroke. (My grandfather on my other side also had a mini stroke later that week but thankfully was not as bad and was able to return home by himself). It's times like this when I hate living so far from my family. I hated waiting almost 2 weeks after the fact to go see her. I know that it can be hard to try to want to get better but my grandma is like me... STUBBORN! I know she will work her best to get better so that she can drive, go back to her house and do what she wants. It's just the Pribyl stubbornness. Other than be being selfish and wanting to visit her so I would know for myself how bad it was, I knew that she would love to see the boys. So, the first weekend in August we swung by East Bernard to stay with my parents and to visit my grandma on our way to San Antonio for our 2nd mini-vacation of the year. We left Longview around 5pm on a Friday after Jason and I both got off of work. We didn't get to East Bernard till around 10:30 due to eating supper on the way and quite a few potty stops for Ryan who seems to pick the most in-opportune times to decide he wants to actually be potty trained. (Most days he refuses to...but...that's another story for another day).
The boys had a blast with Paw-paw who probably needed break and I'm sure the munchkins did that. Their favorite "event" when they go to my parents is to go to the donut shop with Pawpaw on Saturday mornings. This weekend did not disappoint and they loved their donuts and visiting with my Popo who came by for a little bit for breakfast. The boys also liked playing with their new toy from Gigi and Pawpaw.
After breakfast we went to visit my grandma at the hospital. I know she still has a long way to go, but I was very thankful it was not as bad as it could have been. The boys both had a grand time showing Nana all of the pictures and videos on my phone of all the things they have been doing lately. Neither boy was shy and loved loving on Nana. I hope she had as much fun as they did!
Here's some pictures of our fun, quick trip.
Um....this boy knew exactly what to do!
And had no fear standing up driving it..
And this one thought it was cool to "drive with one hand mom"
Loves Uncle Eric's pink powerade
This picture sums up our trip to visit Nana. Both boys were hams and couldn't stop climbing on/hugging Nana!
No comments:
Post a Comment