The week before actual Mother's day, Nathan would bring me home something every other day from school that he made for me for Mother's Day. He is such a sweet loving boy when he wants to be. I'm enjoying these days of him loving on me and telling me how much he loves me everyday because I'm sure when he gets to his teenage years (if not before) those are not the words he will be telling me. Nathan and Ryan are growing so fast that I just want to enjoy and bottle up as much time with them while they are still young as I can. Anyhow..... Nathan would show me his "gift", give me a big hug and say "Mommy, I love you so much"! I felt so loved this week and am reminded of how very blessed I am that God gave me two sweet, healthy boys. For the first year in probably the past few, I actually wanted to stay home with my family and just spend time together on Mother's Day. The past few years all I wanted was a day AWAY from everybody but this year I just wanted to get in as much time with my sweet boys as I could. Even thought it rained a lot Mother's Day weekend, we were still able to do a few of the things I wanted. On Saturday we did the grocery shopping and cleaning in the morning and then were able to pick dewberries and plant some things in our garden in the afternoon before heading to Nathan's TOT's SHINE celebration Saturday night. Sunday after church we went to spend the day at Nana and Granddad. The guys watched the boys while Nana, EJ and I went to the Longview Parade of homes.
This week reminded me of how much I am one lucky Mommy!
One of my Mother's Day presents
A sweet message hand written by my little boy
His own Mother's Day creation
Face scrub Nathan made me during craft time at school
The week before Mother's Day was also teacher appreciation week at school. Nathan helped me make their presents.
Because who Doesn't love a good Target gift card?!
We got a LOT of dewberries on Saturday!
Nathan and Mommy selfie
Our dewberry loot....this was from one day of picking
Playing with rollie pollies while Mom and Dad plant
PURE.LOVE
SOMEBODY loved the rollie pollies....somebody else DID NOT...
Family picture before Nathan's Performance
Nathan and his buddy Zaden before the TOT's SHINE performance
Nathan has gotten a LOT better and his single hand dribbling!
Saturday night movie night! Both boys all cuddled up with mom!!
Guy afternoon fishing selfie.... Nathan's first fish of the afternoon
Nathan's 2nd fish of the afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment