Friday Jason picked the boys up from school and took them to the golf course so I could go to the grocery store with no kiddos since he would be in a golf tournament on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday morning I cleaned the entire house with the help of the boys and by lunchtime, the house was clean and we were ready to go outside for the rest of the day. We started by going to check on/pick a few of the dewberries in the lot next to our house. There were a few ripe ones but tons of red and green ones. It took all I had to keep the boys from eating the berries then and there. I'm thinking all the freezes and snow we got this year delayed them for a while. We spent the rest of the afternoon playing in the backyard with water and dirt. The boys played so hard that after supper on Saturday they fell asleep on Jason's lap before bath. I figured the best way to get them to stay up for a while later was to get DQ blizzards. YUMMY!
Sunday after church we went to get some stuff to make teacher appreciation gifts and then the boys took a nap. Nathan woke up after 30 minutes and then helped me make some cucumber/lemon water. As I was cutting the cucumbers Nathan said "yuck" but then wanted to try one. Well...color be surprised when he liked them. He probably ate 5 slices and then wanted nothing but my cucumber/lemon water the rest of the day. After nap, we went outside and the boys helped me shuck some corn for supper. They had a blast.
This was Nathan a week or two ago at the dentist after he got his first cavities filled.
Friday night: Ready to go practice golf! Nathan and his little caddie!
Boys and their dewberries!
Our strawberry plants had one strawberry which of course they had to share!
TIRED boys Saturday
And less than 10 minutes later - all 3 boys were out.
Nathan's work this week. He was telling us all about the solar system and then started naming all the planets....IN ORDER! I so LOVE OFMS! I know I didn't know the planets until I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. At 4, he knows the order of them all!
On Sunday, while I'm cleaning the kitchen, I told Nathan to go draw a picture on a card for his teachers for teacher appreciation week. I'm thinking he's just drawing a flower or something but this is what he comes to show me..... He spelled out "love" and wrote this all himself!!! Just a smart 4 year old (and yes, I'm slightly biased)!
Somebody loves cucumbers and cucumber/lemon water!
Shucking corn! Pretty sure they could have eaten it uncooked if I let them.
Ryan was so proud and happy when he saw the corn.
Of course we couldn't be outside without swinging this one.
And this one just wants to jump.
I am so ready for next weekend. I have so much planned for Mothers Day and I REALLY hope the weather cooperates!


No comments:
Post a Comment