The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thankful

This week has been quite crazy at our house. All week, I've been thinking about what I should post and I couldn't really think of anything exciting or fun so was just going to fall back on how crazy of a week it's been and blame it on that. However, just watching and reading the news and looking at posts on facebook, I realized I wanted to just say how very thankful I am for all that I do have - craziness and all!

So, towards the end of last week, I started to get a little cough, sore throat, etc - anybody that lives in Texas and suffers from allergies knows what I'm talking about. Well, by Saturday, it was getting worse, and I managed to get an ear infection. So - again - you all know how NOT FUN that can be. Monday, I bit the bullet and went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchitis. Again...think toddler running around....and this just sounds horrible. So, here I was just feeling sorry for myself for most of the week. Fast foward to Wednesday evening when we get a call from daycare saying that Nathan has a fever and has to stay home for 24 hours. Again - not making my work week any better by having to take off for the 4th day in 5 days... So, as I thought about my posts, all I could think about was how horrible of a week I thought I had... Then, I really got to thinking.....was it REALLY that horrible? And at the end of the day, my conclusion was no! Not only was it not a horrible week, but I had so much to be thankful for that I felt that's what I wanted to blog about.

Soo..this week I'm thankful for:
- A wonderful husband who takes care of me, our son and our dogs when I'm under the weather.
- Thankful that I can get over a little sickness (even if it takes a week) when there are so many other people in this world who are battling so much worse who might never get better...
- Thankful that I have a wonderful, sweet son to love, take care of and snuggle with when he's not feeling well...I would not trade him for anything in the world
- Thankful for a job that allows me to take off (and not use vacation days) for both myself and my son when we are sick
- Thankful that our little one appears to be growing strong ;)
- Thankful that I'm alive and have been blessed with such a wonderful family that God continutes to grow :)

So, this week, I've given myself a challenge - to stop seeing all the negative in stuff and start seeing the silver lining :)
Here's a picture of my little man helping his mommy at work today..... We're on the 56th floor and he just keeps saying "cars" at all the cars below....

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Sometimes we need a little reminder about how we are so blessed. I know that I do! :-) Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete