MONDAY
I woke up and worked out at 5:30 and we were out of the house by about 7:30. Ryan has been suffering from allergies for the last few days so I finally took him to the Dr today. Turns out he had a sinus infection so he had to stay home today from school. That meant I had to work from home which I haven't done in a while and is not normal. Nathan took a field trip to see "The Cat in the Hat" in Tyler so as soon as they got back Ryan and I went to go get him. We came back home and the boys played for a few minutes while I did a load of laundry and vacuumed the living room. Monday's are normally Living Room Day which means I dust and vacuum the living room after I get home from work but since Nathan had a baseball game at 6, I was only able to vacuum. The boys had leftover Newk's from school (we bought lunch today and since neither was there, they kept in the fridge for us) which was perfect for me since I didn't have to cook for them! We went to the game and the weather/clouds were getting too nasty for me so Ryan and I sat in the car for 1/2 the game. Thankfully the boys won and are now un-deafted 6 games in. We came home, took fast baths and watched a little of Dancing with the Stars - Disney edition. Here's some pictures.
My co-worker for the day
These clouds were too low for me and circling in ways they should not at baseball!
TUESDAY
Tuesday was a pretty typical day. I woke up and worked out at 5:30 and we were out of the house a little earlier today at around 7:15. I left work around 3:15 and then picked up the boys and talked to their teachers. We got home and all did the chore of the day which is clean the bedrooms. The boys helped me dust and then I vacuumed while Ryan watched "Blaze" and Nathan colored (he was grounded from TV for his choices at school). While dinner cooked the boys played outside in the mud. I seriously don't get what it is with these boys and mud...ALL.THE.TIME!! After dinner the boys took a quick bath and we all spent time at the table together coloring. I then let Nathan read me a short book before they went to bed. Today I tried something new. I'm tired of the boys watching too much TV so I am going to try to implement a family "time" each night after bath for about 30 minutes where the TV is off and we are just doing something together. I also might start having Nathan read me a short book before he goes to bed in hope it might make him tired so he's not fighting sleep at night. Let's see if I can even make it the rest of the week with that plan! Pictures of our Tuesday are below!
Ryan decided to where all of his necklaces
Playing in the mud
Family coloring time!
This little boy has started to color really well!
And this one loves to color by number
WEDNESDAY
Wednesday I again woke up at 5:30 to workout and we were out the door around 7:30. I left work at 3:30 and went to the get the boys from school. When I picked them up from school, I got a surprise from Nathan - he made all good choices ALL DAY. This has not happened in a LONG time so I was REALLY pumped. On the way to school in the morning I had promised Nathan that if he did good all day, I'd give him a surprise. So today on the way home from school, we stopped at Sonic for him to get a Dr. Pepper and we decided to pick up supper for the boys since Wacky Packs were only $1.99 on Wednesdays. This saved me from cooking dinner while I could just eat leftovers. We got home and and the boys did their chores (change into play clothes and make their beds) while I did Wednesday's chore of the day which is clean the bathrooms for about 30 minutes. I then took the boys to go play outside for about an hour where they played with....you guessed it.....MUD and then jumped on the trampoline for a while. Part of Nathan's reward for making good choices at school was that they would get to have a picnic supper and watch a new Blaze and Power Rangers in the living room if they took a bath first. So after outside, the boys took a fast bath and then ate supper in the living room while watching 2 shows. I know...this goes against my new plan yesterday but I was just so excited he finally did good at school I just really wanted to reward him. And they also snuggled with me on the couch for one of the shows so I did get some time with them!
Sonic drinks!!
Picnic supper and Blaze!
My little snuggler!
THURSDAY
Thursday was not a very exciting day. I woke up at 5:30 and worked out. We were out of the door at 7:30. I went to the Dermatologist today to have the thing on my nose shaved off. I've had it for the past 5 years or so but it was starting to bother me and when the Dr said it would take like 2 minutes, I decided to do it. Yea! Now maybe I won't hate taking pictures :) I left work at 3:30 and went to get the boys. When we got home the boys did their chores (change clothes, made beds) and went outside to play in the mud. While they were outside playing, I cleaned the kitchen. An hour later this is what I saw. They were COVERED in mud! I made them strip down outside and take baths before they ate dinner. After dinner they watched one show and then Nathan read us one of his "Bob" books.
I guess so far this week is being summed up as my boys love to get dirty and watch too much TV!
FRIDAY
Friday started off with me waking up late and working out late so I was only able to do 1 of my workouts instead of the second optional one I usually do as well. We left the house a little after 7:30. Work was busy and we had lots of food brought in for the tax deadline so my eating got way off course today. After I left work, I went to the grocery store before getting the boys and getting home about 5. I had time to unload the groceries and feed the boys before we had to head out the door to Nathan's t-ball game. Even though the boys did great, we still had our first lost. Nathan was excited because he got to play pitcher! After the game, Jason went back to work and the boys and I had some snuggle time on the couch. We are looking forward to some fun tomorrow on the weekend! Here's some pictures from our Friday
Ryan can't wait till he can play baseball!
Nathan playing pitcher!
SATURDAY
I LOVE Saturdays! I slept in till about 6:30, got up and worked out and was ready to face the day with two little energetic boys! The boys woke up around 7 and Jason took them to the donut shop which they loved! The boys and I spent the remainder of the day doing a few chores but spending a lot of time outside. They boys had fun riding their bikes and having bike races and enjoyed playing in their fort in the backyard. After nap we went to visit Jason at work and to bring him a caffeine treat and some yummy cookies we made. We spent more time outside when we got back with the boys riding their bikes some more. We topped the night off with a picnic supper in the living room in a tent watching the "Lego Movie".
We also hung Ryan's birdfeeder!
Making yummy cookies!
Visiting Daddy at work!
SUNDAY
Sunday I slept in till 8:30!! It was awesome! Sundays are my rest day so no workouts! The boys and I went to church (I worked in the nursery) and then afterwards came home and had rest time on the couch together. We met Nana at the office to pick up the boys and take her to her house for the night since they boys don't have school tomorrow for teacher in-service. I spent the rest of the afternoon cooking for the week, folding clothes and relaxing.
Tomorrow is TAX DAY and I'm SO ready for it to be over and I can have my husband back.





No comments:
Post a Comment