1st out-smarted moment:
Well - Jason and I had to phone a friend on this one....or in our case...consult Google. It all started one day last week when Nathan came home talking about caterpillars and butterflies. He was talking about how caterpillars live in a cocoon and then turn into butterflies and how they grew one in his classroom. Well...he kept saying the word "chrysalis" when talking about it....and we had no idea what he was saying so we both thought he was trying to say cocoon and he kept calling it a chrysalis rather than a cocoon. Finally, we gave up and goggled the word. Here's what "Chrysalis" means "A moth or butterfly at the stage of growth when its turning into an adult and enclosed in a hard case". I guess it was one of those things I learned in like the 4th grade and forgot it? That's what I'm telling myself.
2nd out-smarted moment:
One day this week, Nathan walked up to me and said "Pluto is not a planet anymore". In my mind, I'm thinking about Pluto on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and figured he was talking about the episode where they go to space. Well, he kept talking about Pluto not being a planet anymore and it FINALLY clicks, he's talking about PLANETS....You know..Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and the poorly demoted used to be Pluto... So, we get on the same page...and Nathan asks Jason if he knows all the planets..so Jason and I name them and when we say Earth...Nathan says its the Mother.. I didn't get it at first...but it finally comes to me that he's calling Earth "Mother Nature"........ Wow - out-smarted again.
I don't know if I should be proud he's so smart...or feel dumb that he's smarter than me??!!
Also - really proud of my little boy for drawing this AWESOME picture all by himself. The tree has red apples and those are Easter Eggs in the grass...not flowers!



No comments:
Post a Comment