Let this be fair warning....I've uploaded upward of 500 pictures from our Christmas festivities. I'm currently going through them and trying to determine which ones to share. So, needless to say, I think I'm going to upload them in batches.... so beware over the next few days...
We had a GREAT time sharing this Christmas season with all of our family. For the first time in 7 years, I was not working crazy both before and after Christmas preparing for year-end auditing/accounting deadlines. While I enjoyed it, I must admit that I sort-of, kind-of missed the craziness! Not working and all, I was able to have the house fully decorated before the end of November, actually had all of the presents bought by the first weekend, and was able to just enjoy this special season with my family. The only thing I slacked on was wrappying gifts.... I didn't wrap them till the Thursday before Christmas and pulled an all-nighter wrapping them. However, this was probably a good decision. First thing Friday morning, Nathan saw them all and wanted to unwrap them and let me know this about every hour... However, seeing all the excitment in his eyes was worth it.
We had a great holiday and enjoyed spending time with most of our family (sorry we missed both my mom and dads side in East Bernard and Wallis - missed you all).
-Friday my parents and brother came and stayed until Christmas Eve morning and celebrated Christmas with us.
-Christmas Eve (Monday) we want to Jason's grandmother's (Mama Jo) house and spent some time with all of the family on his dad's side. We hadn't seen his Mama Jo since Nathan was just a few months old and hadn't seen this side since before then so we really enjoyed seeing everyone there. Between having a little kid and me having year end deadlines at work, it was a little hard for us to make the long trip on just a day or two vacation. We then went to Christmas Eve service.
- Christmas morning we started off by opening presents at our house, then we went to see Jason's grandma (his mom's side) in the nursing home, and then went to Jason's parents house.
We enjoyed all of our time spent with family and I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas as well!


No comments:
Post a Comment