Ryan turned 3 months old yesterday. It's so hard to believe that he is already 3 months old but at the same time, it feels like he's been with us for a long time. He has grown and matured so much in this last month. I am so blessed and thankful that I am able to stay at home with him and watch him grow. I missed so much with Nathan having to work and am enjoying all the small things and joys with Ryan every day. I also am glad that I'm able to spend time with Nathan as well. He's at an age where he is really taking everything in and it's such a joy to see him turn into a little boy rather than a baby. I love being able to hold conversations with him!
Ryan, at 3 months you...
Are wearing size 1 diapers still. I can tell they are starting to get a little tight on you so as soon as we use the remaining size 1's we have left we will be moving on up to size 2.
Wearing mostly size 3 months clothes. You still fit into some 0-3 months clothes and will wear some smaller 3-6 months clothes.
Eat about 6 oz every 3-4 hours (usually 5-6 times a day)
You are getting better at sleeping through the night IN YOUR OWN ROOM! You go to bed around 8:30 and can usually sleep till about 6:30 the next morning. Some days you wake up earlier and some days you wake up later.
Are getting into a better nap routine. You normally take 2 naps in the morning which are about 30-45 min long each. You then take 1 really good afternoon nap which averages about 2.5 hours (sometimes more, sometimes less) and then will take a 15-30 min power nap around 7 pm right before bed time. Most days I can coordinate your nap with Nathan's so I sometimes get a few hours of "mommy time" in the afternoon. I still swaddle you during your nap and at bedtime. You are taking most of your naps in your crib.
You have found your hands and always have them together and/or in your mouth. I can't get them out!
Are getting better at tummy time. I normally give you tummy time about 3-4 times a day for about 15-20 min each (once in the morning, afternoon, evening and right before bathtime). You can usually hold your head up about 5-7 time at a time. Most time you like it, however sometimes you just lay there and cry.
I try to rotate your play time between playing on your playmat, tummy time and sitting in your bumboo playing with mommy. I try to give you about 20 minutes for each activity. We are starting to run out of stuff so I think after Christmas (when we can put the tree up and make more room in the living room), we are going to get the exercauser out. (Hopefully all the parts are in one box!)
You have rolled from your tummy to your back a few times. You did it a lot last week but have not done it again since then.
You are starting to smile and "talk" a lot more now. You usually smile at me if I smile at your first. You are starting to smile at other people other than me if they smile at you.
Your cradle cap is pretty much all gone now, thankfully!
Being such a little ham!
And your brother loves you so much he had to make sure he was included in the photo session
Ryan - mommy, daddy and Nathan love you so much and we can't wait to see how much you grow in the next month!


No comments:
Post a Comment