The Stringer's Stores

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Christmas Vacation Came Early

This past week, Jason had a work conference at the Gaylord Texan hotel in Dallas with his dad.  The boys, myself, Jason's mom and sister decided to tag along for a few days away.  They boys both did really well for 4 days at a hotel.  It was Ryan's first hotel trip and he did excellent!  The hotel started decorating for Christmas the day we got there so we were able to take a few pictures around the hotel over the next few days.  Nathan LOVED it...  There were trains everywhere and all sorts of Christmas decorations.  If you've never been to the Gaylord during Christmas, I highly recommend it...  The decorations are beautiful and the Dream Works ICE sculptures are amazing!  Here's the link:
 
 
 
Here are a few pictures from our week:
 
Ryan loved to play in his car seat while we were in the room.  We didn't bring his play mat so I just put him in his car seat and let him play with his car seat toys.

Nathan in his own big boy bed.  He did AWESOME in it.  He only fell out the first night but after we adjusted his pillows the other nights he did well.  I think he will be ready for his toddler bed very soon!

Sweet boy chillin!

Santa's Sleigh!

Nathan next to one of the Christmas trees.  This picture really puts it into perspective how big the tree was.  The picture below is of the whole tree. 


Nathan loved playing in the water fountains

A picture of the Christmas tree before they took it down.  They had the tree lighting ceremony our second night, however, a fuse was blown on the tree during the ceremony and they ended up taking it down the day we left.... 

Nathan exploring.

Nathan next to a real-life Gingerbread house.  This was amazing to look at.  I can't imagine how long it took to make this!  It even had a little candy shop inside...

All of the stuff that went into making the Gingerbread house.

Close-up of the real candy...

He's getting so big!

Attempting a family picture

Gingerbread House Contest Winner

Nathan next to the train and Gingerbread houses..

 Nathan by Santa's big boots!

Loved watching all of the trains!

Shopping wore this little guy out!
 
 
We also have our holiday "Picture with Santa" taken care of.  I'm so glad we did it early.  Last year, Nathan cried (ok - screamed really) every time he saw Santa.  This year, I wanted to do it early before he started to see all of the other kids crying.  We ended up being 4th in line to see Santa behind a lot of children older than Nathan so he was able to see them go up, talk to Santa and not cry.  The whole time we were in line Nathan kept saying "me not cry".  Finally it was our turn, Nathan started to walk toward him, got about 3/4 and started running back to me.  In my head I'm thinking "nooooo".  Luckily, I turned Nathan around, told him he was a big boy and wasn't going to cry, walked him to Santa and he did great after that! He was a little hesitant but didn't cry.  After that....he was all about Santa the rest of the trip.
 
Poor Jason had to work...but overall, the boys and I had a great little vacation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment