Major Highlights:
1) Nathan officially has two teeth now - the two middle ones on the bottom.
2) We went to a St. Patrick Day party on Saturday at the house of one of Jason's co-workers. There were 3 other little babies that Nathan got to play with - two were 13 months and one was 9 months. It was here that Nathan learned to push himself backwards.....
Here we are all ready go to the party in our green golf outfit!
JD was sharing with me..
How cute are we playing together?
3) Sunday, we went to the Woodlands to meet Jason's parents and sister for lunch and to hang out. It was SO gorgeous outside - we had a wonderful day.
3) Sunday, we went to the Woodlands to meet Jason's parents and sister for lunch and to hang out. It was SO gorgeous outside - we had a wonderful day.
Sitting on a bull at one of the park areas at the Woodlands mall.
4) And now - for the most eventful item of all..... Today when I picked Nathan up from daycare, he was playing on the ground with another little boy about a month older than Nathan who can crawl really well. Well...his teachers said that today Nathan started pulling himself forward with his arms a few times. I tried to get him to do this at home this evening but I think he was too tired....
5) A week from today - Nathan will be 7 months!
6) My feelings on #1,#4, and #5 are bittersweet..... While I'm so excited that he is growing up and is able to do these things.....I can't help but to think......he was just a baby a few months ago....how did he grow up so fast? Where'd the time go? It feels like just a few weeks ago that we brought him home from the hospital and I had a great time with him on maternity leave....... I'm not sure if it's because I only spend a few hours with him a day (about 45 minutes in the morning before work and about 2 hours in the evening after work) - but I feel like I'm missing so much and he's growing up too quickly.... Good thing I have lots of pictures to look at.
And now - the receipe of the week:
Pork and Pineapple Tacos
Ingrediants:
- 1 chipotle chile
- 2tbsp adobo sauce from 1 can chiles in adobo
- 3 tbsp honey
-2 gloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 small pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2 in. thick slices
- salt and pepper to taste
-1 lb (3/4 in. thick) boneless pork chops
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed (note - we used wheat)
Directions:
1) Preheat outdoor grill on medium
2) In blender, puree chile, sauce, honey, garlic, half of pineapple slices and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Pour 1/3 cups sauce into pie plate; pour remainder into small bowl for serving.
3) Add pork to sauce in plate; turn to coat. Let stand. Grill onion and remaining pineaple 4-6 minutes till tender. Transfer to cutting board.
4) Grill pork, thinly coated with sauce, 6-8 mintues or until meat just losses its pink color - turning once.
5) Chop onion and pineapple, place in bowl. Stir in cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cut pork into chuncks; place in tortillas with pinepalle mixture. Serve with reserved sauce.
Serves 4
430 calories per serving.



No comments:
Post a Comment