Now – on to what everybody cares about……Nathan! I thought I would share some of the birth story and then just post a few pictures of his first 3 weeks.
Birth Story:
So – as many of you knew – I was scheduled to be induced on Monday, August 30. We called Labor and Delivery at 5:30 am like we were supposed to only to be told that they were all full and to call back at 9. Needless to say, I was in tears after hearing this and felt that they were not going to get us in that day. Jason and I went ahead with our day – we took a walk (thinking this would cause the labor to hurry up) and had just finished getting ready when we got a call from the hospital around 8:30 telling us to come in. You cannot imagine my happiness!!! So – we get to the hospital and the nurse is getting me hooked up to all the machines and we get to talking about how busy the hospital was that morning and everything and it turns out that she had just happened to call in that morning for extra hours and to see if they needed any help and was told about me. Talk about crazy – prayers are answered in crazy ways. As she’s hooking me up to all the machines, she asks me if I had felt any contractions – to which I said no as I had not felt anything. As soon as I’m hooked up to the contraction monitor, we see that I’m having contractions lasting about 30 seconds consistently about every 4 minutes – again crazy. However, I was only dialated about 2 cm. A little while later, she hooks me up to the pitocin to get my labor going and then the doctor came and broke my water a little after lunch. It wasn’t until my water was broken that I started to somewhat feel the contractions. Since I knew I was going to get the epidural, as soon as I had about 5-10 uncomfrotable contractions, I asked for the epidural and about 20 minutes later, I was good to go. Jason and I spent most of the afternoon and early evening just watching TV, spending time with family members that came into the labor room and get ready for the birth of our son. Finally, at 10:09 pm Monday night he came into the world.


No comments:
Post a Comment